Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Anyone out there bought a white viewing card from anywhere other than $ky direct,
$ky want about £20 for a replacement
Numpties are paying £25 + on flea bay and some are asking for £50:Doh:
Geo

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
You are best off getting it from sky themselves.

The white ones have only just been issued so wont be changed for a few years yet.

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
Got my skycard last week direct. Cost 19.57. Got it within 2 days. Paid by creditcard over the phone.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i see sky are still ripping folks off :Angry:

you buy a blue card you expect it to be a one off purchase but no...they cancel them and issue a new version at a price.

i quit sky years ago when the FULL package was less than £15 per month and its the best thing i ever did.:thumb:

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Got my skycard last week direct. Cost 19.57. Got it within 2 days. Paid by creditcard over the phone.:thumb:
Theres a guy selling that info on e-bay for £1.99 :Doh:
ps havent got the number have you
Geo

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Anyone out there bought a white viewing card from anywhere other than $ky direct,
$ky want about £20 for a replacement
Why do you want to buy from anywhere else than Sky? Anyone selling them will be asking for over £20 anyway....

The onles on flebay will be aimed at expats who may not want ot go through the trouble of usuing a friends UK address or having to contact sky to activate the card....I know one agent here in Spain asking 150euros for a fsfs card - which is almost the same price to pay for a sky subscription for a year!!!!!!

see sky are still ripping folks off

you buy a blue card you expect it to be a one off purchase but no...they cancel them and issue a new version at a price.
Because they are having to change all cards due to improvements in their encryption, which the old blue cards do not work with.

And FSFS cards really have nothing to do with Sky, they were required for those FTV channels, and when the BBC gave up providing the FTV cards (6 years ago) Sky were ordered (by Ofcom) to take up the FTV card process so people had access tot he FTV channels (at that time Five, C4s, ITVs and a few others) - if sky could they would discontinue the FSFS cards - its alot of money for them to be produced, have the call centre (different to the normal sky sub call centre) a seperate card database, and the time and trouble to having to issue 2m fsfs cards!

So if you bought a blue card, and it is over 3 years old, you buy another. If it is less than 3 years old you can get a free replacement....as per the T&Cs for the card when you bought it....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back