Kress & Bohl Rear View Camara (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I think our Kress & Bohl Camara has given up, the picture on the screen starts OK but then after a short while it becomes very light and the image more or less dissapears into the bright background, i have trieds all of the normal adjustments but they won't fix the problem, any ideas how to fix it would be welcome.

If its not economic to repair any suggestions on a replacement would be welcome,

Can i use the same wiring ? as it was quiet diffecult to route when we installed it,

Or would it be better to get a wireless unit do they work ?.

If we can use the existing wiring can we also use the existing monitor albeit it is a bit big ?

any suggestion would be very welcome.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We had the same problem with ours (not the same make) Turned out to be the wire to the monitor had been trapped, changed the monitor and all is ok. Good luck with yours. ::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

if it's the camera that's duff you can use the same wiring and monitor .. I would steer well away from wireless ..

Or, buy a new b/w camera system with CRT monitor, IMO better than a colour system using an LCD display.

I have one similar to this model RV-245: CRT, B/W Reversing Video (third down)

Link Removed

hth

Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Just an update, I tried the link Jim gave but didn't have much luck my email was rejected and i telephoned them twice without success, so i used Google and found reversingcamerasuk - CCD reversing camera, CMOS reversing camera, reversing camera systems cables for a reversing camera, we have them all in Ramsgate, Kent and ordered one of these

Link Removed

I had problems with the payment system and eventually rang the chap and paid over the telephone, ordered it yesterday around 11 am and it arrived 1pm today, now that's what I call good service,

I haven't fitted it yet but everything appears to be in the box so I will let you know how I get on.

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Yes I fitted the new camera and monitor using the existing cable and it worked fine, the main problems i had were:-

(1) Hiding the new cables that came with the new monitor, there were quiet a few connections and a small relay which I eventually rolled them up into a seperate double junction box and stuck it directly behind the monitor so you can hardly notice it (well I would say that wouldn't I) there just was not room under the dash to lose all of the cables.

(2) My existing installation was connected directly to a permanant 12 volt supply and it was no problem as when the monitor was turned off it cut the supply to the camera. However the new installation had a split supply one part fed the monitor and the other fed the camera and i didn't spot this at first until i found a flat battery, so i re-routed the supply to a switched live from the ignition and it works fine, proberbly should have done that on the orginal installation.

hope that helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back