Kosovo , We Were There For A Couple Of Days.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by travelbunyip, Jul 17, 2015.

1. travelbunyip

travelbunyip Funster

• Like Like x 4
  2. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

Love reading about your travels.... makes ours look very tame.

3. travelbunyip

travelbunyip Funster

If your travels are tame there is an easy solution. Get out of the comfort zone and see what there is out there. We have had no problems and have enjoyed visiting new and out of the way places. Help is always there if you need it.
    By the way thanks for your interest.
    Ewout and Jenny

• Like Like x 1
  4. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

Very interesting, thank you. The country is supposed to be safe apart for the far north although I would be wary about walking too far away from roads and tracks more or less anywhere as there are still landmines out there.

If I might make a suggestion without seeming too negative, avoid taking pictures of army trucks without asking first.

I speak as someone who had the film ripped out of their camera once for pointing their camera in the wrong direction! I did get a ride in an armoured vehicle in compensation. :)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  5. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

We would if it was actually possible..... elderly parents who are dependent on us plus our own health concerns mean we are pretty tied to the UK at present.

"Out of the comfort zone" could easily mean there is no tomorrow for my hubby....... We've already had two blue light trips for him this year and I don't want to have that in places that are off the beaten track..... blue light trips have happened several times to me over the past 15 years as well, we both need medical equipment and special foods not easily available as we have found to our cost.

6. jenny and mitch

jenny and mitch Funster

W
    We were recently on route to Greece and heard that a "peoples revolution" had taken place around there. Roughly about the end of April !!
    Mitch.

7. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

We drove through here I guess after leaving Dubrovnik on way to Greece many years ago. When it was still Yugoslavia yes that long ago!:)

Always remembered how surprised people where to meet Londoners in a battered VDub van, very friendly, inviting us to their homes etc...

Seemed shocked when we bought crates of beer in at was of a few bottles. Will never forget the wonderful smoked cheese and luscious tomatoes

In fact it was 40 years ago exactly:)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  8. Irishrover

Irishrover Read Only Funster

Have added your fabulous blogs into my favourites list. We are heading in Motorhome to Romania in September ( Wife is from Transylvannia ) Your Euro travels highlight the fact there is more to travelling Europe than just the popular sites in France...Eastern Europe really should be on peoples places to visit...Cheers!

• Like Like x 1