Kontiki step prob. (1 Viewer)

alan1949

Free Member
Sep 11, 2009
Funster No
Hi folks can someone help my problem is when i get van ready to leave a site i turn
on ignition my step auto comes in. now its stopped doing it.
has any one had same prob if so whats gone wrong any ideas or info would be of great help. also what way do i connect another leasure battery to run two together & will
i get more or power lasting longer. thanks a lot folks.:thumb:

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
You can get a tiny stone trapped in the step which will jam it, and sometimes not easily seen.

mejulie

Free Member
May 22, 2010
Caversham,Reading
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I had the same thing, does it still work on the switch. Mine would work on the switch but not on automatic when you start the engine. Had to replace the sensor. Mel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
If you look under neath the step on the forward facing side you will see a plate held on with one screw. Remove the plate and you will then see a switch, it is not uncomon for this to stick in. A spray with wd40 and a few prods is usually enough to free it.
As for the battery most MH with sargent electrics have a conector on the battery lead that is blanked off. Sargent sell a short loam that fits the conector with battery terminals for about £15, its as simple as that.

Andy

shortcircuit

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Funster No
Alan Has your step stopped operating totally? Can you still operate it from the switch?

If this is the case you will find in the engine compartment to the rear and the middle of the engine a plastic box that contains the relays and fuses. Check these fuses and you should find one blown

Edit Some more experienced will come on and tell you about an extra battery which is straight forward to do

OP
OP
A

alan1949

Free Member
Sep 11, 2009
Funster No
Thanks for info darlings gonna sought it as advised fuses first, then under neath.
works on switch so here,s hoping.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back