Jun 7, 2016
Brizzle
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tikki 669
Exp
since 2012
Hi all
I think my problem with the 669 has done the rounds on this and other forums, so forgive me for asking the question again. Can anyone help or guide me on the following,
  • fuel gauge reads empty with flashing amber light although full
  • hot water heater/warm air heating (Truma 6002) no ignition. is there a signal from the main control panel?
  • toilet, worked a treat before now but I've found the blade fuse corroded and toilet not flushing, i replaced the blade fuse but to no avail, no flush!
any help very much appreciated X

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Not sure on these if the gauge reads empty when disconnected from the fuel tank sender unit. might be worth checking the connections at the fuel tank.

Suggest expert has a look at your heater problem as I think there is a diagnostic tool that can be plugged in.

May need to replace the blade fuse holder as well if corroded.

OP
OP
Y

Yam R1

Free Member
Jun 7, 2016
Brizzle
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tikki 669
Exp
since 2012
Serendipitous,
Thanks for reply.
I changed the sender unit, nil fix. I checked the resistance value whilst moving the float, that was ok. I remember someone mentioned 'relays' and that the contacts become dry and break.
As for the heater, the times i have taken it to the experts, the bloody thing has worked!! & yes I am up to speed on the operation so it seems to be an intermittent fault
I'm trying to figure how to get the fuse holder out before i end up breaking it. There seems to be a lack of self maintenance material about, and you're pushed into expensive dealers :crying1:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
As for the heater, the times i have taken it to the experts, the bloody thing has worked!

I think they can be a problem if the voltage is low. If you "have taken it" the voltage would probably be high.

Faulty blade fuse on a toilet - not nice.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Yam R1

Had a problem with my combi that was caused by the RJ11 clone tor on the comma cable from the thermostat/electric/gas select/heating/water switch.

Cut it off and fitted a new one, symptoms were fans wouldn't run on electric. Sounds like you need to sit and wiggle calves & connections 1 at a time until you find it.
Can you check if power is getting to the igniter unit.

Good luck

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
lectrical
On our last van had an intermittent C6002, I took the cover off the PCB unplugged all the connecting leads plugged them back in firmly it never went wrong again had heard of quite a few people same problem same fix.

Loo, is the flush fed from the main tank or does it have it's own water tank? If it has it's own tank there will be a submersible pump inside that may have failed, if it is fed from the main tank there will be a Non return valve in line and possibly a solenoid as well.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Having looked at the circuit diagram I am a tad baffled .. Do you have a SOG fitted @Yam R1 ?

When you press the flush does the pump fire up at all ?

The flush ( looking at the spec ) is drawn from the main water tank

Fuel gauge
This could well be related to the other issues regarding the dash. I think your only option is to go to a Fiat dealer..

As a by the by, have you tried shorting out the sensor wire to a known good earth ?
If that does not shift the gauge then the fault must be upwind of it..
Does everything else on the dash work ?
I am presuming the 669 is on an X250 chassis ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back