Kogan 19" LED TV

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by WillH, Jan 18, 2012.

1. WillH

WillH Funster

Just fitted a new Kogan TV/PVR/DVD in the van. Ordered on Sunday afternoon and delivered yesterday morning, £128 inc. delivery. Picture looks very good and the set is very easy to tune. It replaces an Autosound 16" supplied with the van, the remote kept freezing and was driving me up the wall. I'll let everyone know how it gets on when we travel.

Bill

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Ours has 4000 miles on the clock. Wonderful picture and I plug in a USB hard drive with all our DVDs on it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

We have just bought a 19" Kogan and we used it for the first time last week. We had been over in the Lakes since Tuesday (no reception so we had to talk !!!!). On the way home we stayed at Gargrave, just outside of Skipton, next to the Leeds/Liverpool canal. Set it up to tune while we cracked open the wine and got a brilliant DTV reception, but no analogue.
    I assume that the switchover has happened in that part of the world.

Great tv for the price.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

We bought one too just before Christmas time, having read Brian's (Hilldweller) review on the Kogan website.

I recently attached an external HD with various .avi files on it for viewing via the USB port.
    Unfortunately, a message kept coming up on the screen saying, "files not supported".

I got in touch with Kogan support, and they emailed me a software upgrade for that TV, which when uploaded, it now plays all the video files on the HD

In all, we are very pleased with the TV, and although the sound wouldn't be adequate for our living room at home, it's fine for the smaller lounge area in our MH.

Regards,

Jock.

5. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Kogan tv

We are almost at the point of purchasing an Avtex L185DRS, we want it to double up as a pc monitor, which it will do and are getting a good deal from the dealer, however, having read your posts, this has put the "cat amongst the pigeons":Doh:
    We know there can be problems with viewing angles on some tvs, so can anyone offer any advice on pros and cons with both makes?

6. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

With the sound coming from the rear of the tv my Mrs. said it was louder when she was in the shower, (tv was facing lounge area, back to bedroom/shower area).

It did the job though.

7. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

I like a bit of music when I'm in the shower!!:thumb::Laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  8. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

The Kogan had a great picture from the angles available in the confines of a MH. Didn't notice any loss of picture quality.

Can't tell you anything about the Avtex I'm afraid.

9. JockandRita

The Kogan is our first LED TV, and with regards to the picture quality and differing angles, we are extremely pleased with it.

Due to the prices, we have never looked at anything Avtex, so can't compare.

Cheers,

Jock.

10. WillH

WillH Funster

As promised, I said I would let you know how I got on with the new TV. Easy to tune, good picture, no problems. Used the USB connection to record a program and watched it later at home through my Humax box.

Does what it says so I can recommend it especially at the price.

Rgds
    Bill

11. aba

aba

yes the analog tv has been turned off in the Gargrave area and we have a limited number of channels compared to a lot of other areas.

glad you enjoyed it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. JockandRita

Hi all,

Due to a large tree in the way here at Calpe, we are unable to tune into Astra 2D (1N) or Astra 1, so I retuned the TV for Spanish digital TV channels, to see what was available.
    A good quality picture achieved, for those channels received.

We can confirm that the viewing of recorded TV/Films from an external USB hard drive gave excellent results.

Cheers,

Jock.