mazzaH

Free Member
Mar 27, 2010
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 08
Exp
Dont know if anyone can help. Hope so!! We are just about to buy our first van. We initially wanted a Knaus, but then found a WEINSBERG IMPERIALE S, which seems to be made by the same group as Knaus. It is more or less the same spec. We are wondering if anyone knows anything about them and if they hold their value in the same way as Knaus do?? Thanks.:thumb:

graham_bell

Free Member
Feb 25, 2010
Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
We've just sold a Knaus caravan (so we can buy a motorhome) I believe Knaus and the other van you mention were both made by Tabbert, which went into administration some time back. However, Knaus are certainly still being made. I've read previously that the new Knaus company weren't honouring previous warranties. I don't know how true that is, but it's certainly something I've read.
We bought our caravan from Germany in 2006 but the exchange rate was much better, so we didn't really loose that much over 4 years.
I don't think they'd depreciate any quicker than any other van, however, when we sold our caravan we sold it to someone in Europe, not the UK, don't know if that's relevant or not...
Graham

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Dont know if anyone can help. Hope so!! We are just about to buy our first van. We initially wanted a Knaus, but then found a WEINSBERG IMPERIALE S, which seems to be made by the same group as Knaus. It is more or less the same spec. We are wondering if anyone knows anything about them and if they hold their value in the same way as Knaus do?? Thanks.:thumb:

Have you noticed this thread ?

Link Removed

It could well effect their value.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 28, 2008
Antwerp /Belgium
Funster No
Exp
When Weinsberg was an independent firm their MH's where considered to be the 'Mercedes' of the German MH branch.
Weinsberg failed for they didn't follow the 'ever bigger' trend.
A setback occured when it was taken over by Knaus. Altough still a better product. And their MH's still have better value than others.

cyclingdoglucy

Free Member
Apr 27, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
retired vehicle
Exp
retired 4 months
knaus

i recieved some parts from lowdhams last week , they were on order for about 2 weeks all be it they were not body parts , give lowdhams a ring & they will tell you more , sorry if i have posted this answer somewhere else on site , still trying to learn, the items had to come from germany so someone is still supplying parts , hope this helps you.
mr bean:thumb:

eirebus

Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
kildare ireland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
6 yrs
hi mazzah i have a 98 weinsberg toskana and have had no problems with it until a recent road accident but i have been told there should be parts available for it but have not tried to source them yet ... hymer or dethleffs are 2 other good german vans:thumb:

wireman

Free Member
Dec 18, 2007
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We have a Knaus and have found alternative to Lowdhams for spares which were a lot quicker; although it looks like they have speeded up a bit (they quoted 16 weeks delivery on a outer casing for the waste tank...we got it in two). As far as I know they are back in production and have promised to find other dealers in GB.....as to the other mentioned, it wil be am import but they are effectively Knaus models badged.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We have a Knaus and have found alternative to Lowdhams for spares which were a lot quicker; although it looks like they have speeded up a bit (they quoted 16 weeks delivery on a outer casing for the waste tank...we got it in two). As far as I know they are back in production and have promised to find other dealers in GB.....as to the other mentioned, it wil be am import but they are effectively Knaus models badged.

I've just realised you've got exactly the same van as us!! Not many of us about!!:Smile:

We love ours - how about you? :thumb:

We'd be interested in knowing about your alternative parts supplier - would you mind PM'ing me the details???? We don't need any parts at the moment but you never know!!:Smile:
Never had a problem with Lowdham's but then we've never had any major problems in the 3 years we've had the van.

wireman

Free Member
Dec 18, 2007
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi PM sent.

We like ours although we have a couple of issues that should we cahnge we will address, nothing wrong just a couple of layout changes.

Having our solar fitted soon to back up the extra battery fitted. Only major problem (we hyave owned since new) has been the calira unit...didn't like being used with a cheapo generator but we managed to get it changed direct with them without going through Lowdhams (of whom we have a very low opinion)

Overall we have been very satisfied with the build quality and the way it seems to be holding together.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back