LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
there is a decent dealer on south coast happy to work on imported Hymer as two of my friends use them ( @lennyhb being one) ..there are others ring around!

one of the reasons we are considering Hymer. Anyone had problems with an imported Carthago?
Very pleased with the service I received from Premier. The very first phone call to them showed how well Hymer's pan European warranty works, gave them my reg, I then asked don't you want details on van, reply, no need sir it's all on the Hymer data base.
Having received good service from them I had them do the annual damp check a bit dearer than Belgium, I didn't mind as they had been so helpful.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Your second paragraph with the implication that it applies to Johns Cross.
Sorry Peter I having l 'dim' moment
Please explain when we meet in Cornwall, I shall post a personal apology if I've made a feaux pa
Johns Cross may offer excellent service, however I believe that this comes from a customer focused culture, rather than by charging people full retail price when they buy a motorhome

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
No apology needed Robert. And yes Johns Cross have a customer focussed service, but that always comes at a price that people have to pay for. I don't know whether they charge full retail price or not, because I have never tried to buy a motorhome from them. When I was looking they did not have what I wanted. But for many with P/X the sale price is irrelevant. It is the cost to change that matters.

I am hoping that we are going to have more fun in Cornwall than talking about motorhome dealers! :D

BTW did you notice that Southdowns, the dealer that refused to do the Knauss damp check, is now a Carthago agent as well? So now there is two in the UK.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
BTW did you notice that Southdowns, the dealer that refused to do the Knauss damp check, is now a Carthago agent as well? So now there is two in the UK.

I certainly did!:(

There are in fact 6 now..wish Premier was one of them!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
No apology needed Robert. And yes Johns Cross have a customer focussed service, but that always comes at a price that people have to pay for. I don't know whether they charge full retail price or not, because I have never tried to buy a motorhome from them. When I was looking they did not have what I wanted. But for many with P/X the sale price is irrelevant. It is the cost to change that matters.

I am hoping that we are going to have more fun in Cornwall than talking about motorhome dealers! :D

Yes Peter I did realise that Southdowns was a Carthago dealer. We looked at them for our new van, but their discount off list price was half that we got from the other dealer, and that was for a 1 year old showroom model rather than a brand new one

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on and off since 1980
Not sure if they will compete with each other, Carthago now have six UK dealers for 2016
Southdowns Motorhomes
Go European
Camper UK
Premium Motorhomes
Elite Motorhomes
Chelston Motorohomes

Anyone bought from Eire, used to be a good saving on commercials.

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Not sure if they will compete with other, Carthago now have six UK dealers for 2016
Southdowns Motorhomes
Go European
Camper UK
Premium Motorhomes
Elite Motorhomes
Chelston Motorohomes

Anyone bought from Eire, used to be a good saving on commercials.

35 in Germany and a few in Belgium:)
I have just messaged approx 8 in Germany for quotes, (all around the Dusseldorf area as cheap to get to)

you can plot them here:Broken Link Removed

maybe going to Belgium this weekend if hymer i 474 arrives at Campirama (UK customer order) this week.... then popping up to Urbano re Carthargo

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
maybe going to Belgium this weekend if hymer i 474 arrives at Campirama (UK customer order) this week.... then popping up to Urbano re Carthargo
Heading that way ourselves Eddie, from Monday onwards. ;)

Cheers,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back