Kmh Only Displayed On Panel- Is This Ok? (1 Viewer)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
back in the day when you could get away with it i just bought head lamp protectors and stuck the beam benders on them...
When I bought it it had headlamp protectors on for right hand drive headlights. As much use as a chocolate fireguard. Clearly the seller did not understand the significance. They had gone very yellow too and in practice driving at night was quite dangerous so they went in the bin PDQ

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
@Judgemental - cautious is fine, I think of myself as being thorough....... wanting to check things out and get as much information as I can. I've found that people are less likely to screw you over if you've done some research & let them know that you have :D

Mar 17, 2014
Redditch England
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I bought my first van from Alpha motorhomes, Temse, near Antwerp. It was a 1997 Fiat Ducato and I bought it in year 2000. I MOT ed it with beam deflectors on and didn't need to alter anything else, as the fog lights were on both sides. Sending in my paperwork I thought "job done" However this was in the days of the local DVLA offices and they apparently inspected an import occasionally. Mine was summonsed to the Worcester office, and checked out on the car park. They wouldn't accept the speedo or headlights, so I had to spend out on a new speedo and headlights.
I've since imported a newer one and bought new headlights and a front for the speedo off Ebay. The odometer is programmable to miles instead of Kilometres. Fortunately it didn't have any other work required, as foglights are installed on both sides. Incidentally anyone thinking of buying a camper, with the present exchange rates, there are real bargains for us Brits.
My first camper I part exchanged it with Alpha for the present one, so if anyone is in need of a couple of UK headlights and speedo for a 1997 Ducato, let me know!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back