Kitchen tap problem (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Our kitchen tap now only works at full pressure if the bathroom tap is turned on. We've tried running all taps together in case of an air bubble but to no avail. Our local dealership says we need a new tap (great expense)
Any suggestions?
(We are not DIY types!)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Sounds like a micro switch problem, you say "only works at full pressure" do you mean that it dooesn't run at all without opening the bathroom one. Assuming that it is a micro switched pump and it certainly sounds like it, the pump is only switched on when the tap lever is lifted and this makes the "micro switch" switch the pump on if this doesn't work the pump is not on but the tap is still open, lifting the lever on another tap that has a working "micro switch" starts the pump up and everything works.

If this sounds like your problem you need to get the top off the tap and change the switch, I have not done this for about 20 years so will let somebody who is a bit more up to date guide you through it but a phot of your tap and a make and model of your van might help.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
It could be the wire to the micro switch broken and I've soldered this before. Remove the tap top by removing the plastic red/blue caps and there will be a screw under them, remove this and then lift the tap top off carefully as the micro switch is attached too the underside of top.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
We had to have a tap replaced last year (it had split) Can't remember how much but the 'great expense' wasn't as 'great' as I assumed it would be.

Wyn

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We had to have a tap replaced last year (it had split) Can't remember how much but the 'great expense' wasn't as 'great' as I assumed it would be.

Wyn
I got feed up with replacing the spout on mine, so changed it for an all metal tap.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Have you got an on board pump like a Sureflow, if so a normal tap would probably do the job. When mine broke in my Buccaneer I swapped it for a domestic sink mixer (y)(y)

smiffy64

Free Member
May 3, 2017
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I had to fix mine in my Deffy just this week. It happened to be a broken wire and I managed to solder and tape it. Easy enough task, once I sussed how it came to bits.
On my taps at least, the wee rod unscrews and the cover can be removed. There are then a few screws before you get to the wires inside.
A bit tricky since the mechanism is a bit small and also so close to the wall.

Just make sure the electric is off and watch that the wee screws do not go down the plug.

Attachments

• Taps1.jpg
    Taps1.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 12
  • taps2.jpg
    taps2.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 12

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.