kitchen drawers: how to remove... (1 Viewer)

stuurman

Free Member
Jul 26, 2008
in my van all over Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
as of may 28, 2009, fulltimer
Hi all. I have dropped something behind the drawers in my Hymer kitchen block and can't find a way to remove the drawers to retrieve it. I tried lifting the front and slide out, but that doesn't work. Thanks in advance, Hans.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Are there small plastic levers on the side runners where the two half's of the runners join? If so slide levers up or down to unlock and extract the drawer with the runners separating.
Cheers
Ed

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Try pulling it almost all the way out and then slightly lift the front and then lift the back of the drawer pulling it towards you. Works on our Euramobil.

Joe

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Some Hymer have small retaining screws on the drawer underside, along the runners. Have you looked underneath ?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi all. I have dropped something behind the drawers in my Hymer kitchen block and can't find a way to remove the drawers to retrieve it. I tried lifting the front and slide out, but that doesn't work. Thanks in advance, Hans.
If you have no joy a picture may help someone help you..
Took me a while to figure out how to remove my kitchen drawers.. they have a self close mechanism on the runners...
A catch which has to be turned at the front of the drawers on each side... the drawer then has to be given a firm tug when it's fully open to release it... that's the bit that took a while to grasp... I thought it would just pull out freely..
Andy.

OP
OP
stuurman

stuurman

Free Member
Jul 26, 2008
in my van all over Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
as of may 28, 2009, fulltimer
Thank you all!! Found it. The drawer is locked to the runners by plastic levers (thank you Ed), press those levers inwards en hey presto, success! Will treat myself to smoked kippers, the tin of which was dropped. Thanks again. Hans.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back