Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If I want to avoid disturbing other motorhomers with the rare use of my genny or being disturbed by theirs I park where there aren't any campers. Watch out for the freezer lorries!!

Kipors Rool...

JJ

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Terry, I didnt have a battery to charge. This was our very first time out in the uk and the battery was dead. My rv was still running on 110 Volt and I didnt have any other scource of power.

What would you have done under the same circumstances.?

Jim

Hi Jim :thumb: not saying you should or should not use it ::bigsmile: live and let live :thumb: if you need to use one then do so.
If I were not happy I can always move :thumb::ROFLMAO: or turn up the music / tv :ROFLMAO:
terry

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Generators Again!

So in order to avoid getting the flu we must all go out and buy a generator. That's the best yet! :ROFLMAO:

Clearly you guys don't get it! It must be me. :cry:

Why I'm always considerate to my neighbours at home and on campsites is clearly a character flaw. Perhaps I too should make as much noise as possible and say to hell with everyone else. As long as I've got the TV and the wife has got enough power for her curling tongs and hair dryer we're All Right Jack. :thumb:

All this is said partly tongue in cheek but there is an element of truth in it.:winky:

Why is it that Motorhome Owners/Caravan Owners who own or even contemplate using a generator are then deemed the lowest of the low! or even destroying the planet!

What of the 1000's of Refridgerated Lorries that travel our roads night and day/ Stop in motorway service areas (in Lorry Bays/Caravan bays) Laybys etc. With Reefer Units running to keep our food fresh.

Would the people who object to Generators also object to these units.

Ant

As a foot note couple of years ago the street where I lived lost all electric due to a fault at the Sub Station. This was a week before Xmas. It took 2 weeks to restore proper power to the area. 3 Large generators were brought it, these generators were the size of Large Trucks and ran 24 hrs a day. 1 house was only meters from the generators and they never moaned.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
having driven fridge lorries for a while you cant beat the sound of fridge motors coming in and out all night .they sing a song .
next best thing to being by the atlantic on a big swell night.
still wake up if one doesnt come back in ,must be habit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back