Kintra Farm, Islay

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by tarmacsurfer2000, Aug 12, 2009.

1. tarmacsurfer2000

tarmacsurfer2000 Read Only Funster

Hello again!

Just sorting out the first week of the Honeymoon and was looking at Kintra Farm on Islay. Has anyone been? It seems a quite odd setup, no hook up (which is fine), but when I asked for a price and availability I just got an e-mail attachment saying that there is no need to book and it included the prices for tents???

It looks a loverly place just unsure about the setup and not a massive fan of going somewhere without booking, especially in Scotland, and especially on an Island...

Cheers again :Smile::Smile::Smile:

2. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Very rarely ever bother booking in Scotland, never been caught out yet.

But there will always be a first:Wink:

Dave:thumb::thumb:

3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

You've been lucky - on our first ever MH holiday/test run we struggled at the end of August 2 years ago. Deeside was really full.

4. The Wallace

The Wallace Read Only Funster

5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

From the map it looks like a lonely remote place.. ideal for a honeymoon , no fear of waking the neighbours.. :Wink: just take plenty of Avon Skin so soft :Laughing:

as already mentioned, steep ferry fares help keep the islands tranquil and relatively free from the touring masses.

enjoy

jim

6. tarmacsurfer2000

Ha! When the motorhomes a rockin'...it's probably because the dogs need to go out! :Doh::Doh::Doh:

RE the ferry fares, you're not kidding!! I nearly had a fit when I checked out the prices...extortion!! I have read the reviews (brown water, tons of rules and regulations, diificult to access, and lots of no go areas for dogs) of Kintra. So we have booked here Port Mòr Centre not really what I was after but it looks like a good base of operations...so fingers crossed...:thumb:

7. The Wallace

The Wallace Read Only Funster

Looks like you have made the right choice!
    Although I have visited Islay many years ago I had no up to date info other than the reviews I highlighted. It is good to see that a community based enterprise is up and running and hope that you will (1) enjoy your trip and (2) report back not only on the campsite but on the rest of the island in respect of campervan trips.
    The people of Islay are great (not too many white settlers) and the distillery trips are worth doing. Hic.

8. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

hope you have a fantastic honeymoon xxxxxx

as a tip take more than one camera so if unfortunately one does get lost or stolen at least you have a 2nd one xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fingers crossed all goes well for you and wishing you many happy anniversaries in the future

9. tarmacsurfer2000

Cheers everyone for the well wishes...I shall keep a log of sites/reviews whilst I am away as we will be staying at quite a few sites in Scotland over the month :thumb::thumb::thumb:

10. tarmacsurfer2000

Jim...which one is it from the Skin so soft range? there are loads??? :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Is it this one? http://avonshop.co.uk/product/skin-so-soft-original-dry-oil-body-spray.html?src_page=topten.asp

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009