LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Just got a free kindle fire HD from those nice people at the Daily mail after subscribing £120 for the yr to have DM sent to tablet :thumb: Costs nearly £300 to buy the paper daily,and wait until the paper man decides to deliver so thought we would give it a try :Smile:Been happy with the paper delivered on my tablet all week and now a nice new kindle has arrived :thumb:Could not figure out what was in the package,thinking it was something a nice chineese man may have sent ::bigsmile: so was pleasently surprised when the package contained the above :Smile:
terry

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Kindle fire

Just got a free kindle fire HD from those nice people at the Daily mail after subscribing £120 for the yr to have DM sent to tablet :thumb: Costs nearly £300 to buy the paper daily,and wait until the paper man decides to deliver so thought we would give it a try :Smile:Been happy with the paper delivered on my tablet all week and now a nice new kindle has arrived :thumb:Could not figure out what was in the package,thinking it was something a nice chineese man may have sent ::bigsmile: so was pleasently surprised when the package contained the above :Smile:
terry
Thought of buying this as we buy paper daily, but it doesn't include the cross word which is one of the reasons we buy the paper does it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thought of buying this as we buy paper daily, but it doesn't include the cross word which is one of the reasons we buy the paper does it?

It includes everything just as you read the paper :thumb: or you can oppt for all the extras inc more puzzles etc and more pics in greater detail storylines :winky:
terry
Sorry John I thought someone else would have posted the offer--only remembered when fire got delivered ::bigsmile:--not bothered about the Kindle so much as we buy the paper so just had to convince the boss that we saved money plus kindle for nowt--shes even reading the paper on the samsung so will like the smaller fire better

LickeyEndBlues

Free Member
Oct 25, 2011
Bromsgrove
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 582
Exp
2years but caravanned for years
I managed to acquire a Kindle Fire HD via a phone deal.

As a tablet it is OK but as a reader it's pants! It can be near impossible to read on a sunny day but does come into its own indoors or at night. It is backlit there is no need for extra lighting and the picture quality is stunning for a small screen.

Like all readers it means you can access all sorts of stuff and no one knows what you are reading!

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Well the kindle arrived on friday and hopefully I am getting a message today to send it back :Eeek:
Firstly it had trouble conecting to my router-it kept wanting to conect through FON even thought I kept telling it not to :Doh:Got onto mail people who ended up putting me onto nice people at Amazon who on Sunday managed to talk me through the probs and ended up doing a factory reset to solve problem.Then Monday it down loaded paper with last few /half of last word missing on rt side of each page -again nice people at Amazon told me to uninstall app and re-install app -prob cured :thumb:Tuesday would not conect to router agai but talked to Amazon again and managed (again wanting to conect through FON) TO GET ON LINE via router.:thumb:
This morning it turned itself on at 6.30 and downloaded paper with the missing bits yet again :Eeek::Eeek:-Really p----ed off now so got onto Amazon again who told me to uninstall and reinstall yet again :Eeek: I have better things todo than keep un/re installing the app then waiting for the paper to download :Doh:
Now just waiting for instructions to send it back after spending around 2.5 hrs on the phone in the last 4 days that I will never get back :Smile:Not so much the Amazon kindles fault (once factory reset done) as the mails fault in that they cannot /have not got the app right yet :Eeek::Eeek:but when you re install it works good :thumb:
The kindle itself works good and probably has a more touch senstive screen than my Samsung tab 2 -but at 7 ins I still prefer the 10 ins SS :thumb:Both machines fly and anyone looking for a small 7 ins tablet could do a lot worse than the Kindle :Smile:
terry
edit just seen a add, You can now buy the Kindle from Currys for £100 -got to be a bargian priced small tab

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
terry

Its The Daily Mail not a newspaper. BUSBY:roflmto:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
life is gonna go darnhill now
just ordered 1 of them things

downside is contribution to the mail
its gonna be a long year2014
mrs t gets in a rage when she reads the mail

god its gonna be a long year

help

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Just got a reply from DM and I now have to ring them yet again so that will be another half hour of my life gone :Eeek: no doubt they will try to persuade me to keep it all instead of simply giving my money back ::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Well after another 28 mins on the phone and another reset they have decided that the wifi on my kindle is at faut so they are sending me a replacement :thumb:The other simply goes to my nerest pick up point about 400 yds away :thumb:
BTW ANYONE wanting a case for one you need one for a new version -charging point and a switch have moved so the ones from ebay no longer fit as too the ones from pound shop don't fit either ---don't ask :winky:::bigsmile: but I will say the ebay seller gets identical covers as the poundshop but charges almost 7 quid then you have to pay £1.20 to send it back for a refund :Eeek::Doh:
terry

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Well ours arrived today neighbour took it in

Then went out Garr

Anyway as you do under extreme pressure from mismanagement

I ripped it out of the box and set it up

Downloaded the
:dm::imoutahere:
Read a few highlights

Then joined in the fun and posted a reply or two

Then spoke with the house guests
Son DIL and granddaughters

Fairly easy to set up
Annoyingly you need to set up Amazon with a card before you get to far
The real kicker I haven't used my Amazon account for ages
It's been easier to use mismanagement it's the same linked acc card
And she points out what I need¿,??!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Tofo you will have to go into settings /device and allow from none secure sites for it to let you get free apps from playstore :thumb: if not apps are from Amazon and you pay for them
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Tofo me again - if like us your Mail is downloading and missing the last couple of words on the line of print you are reading -unlike what people at Amazon tell you to unistall the app and reinstall app -just found out you can go onto the menu button -top of any page except front one-scroll down to SYNC NOW -3rd from bottm- this tells pad to re download and everything should be ok :thumb:Apain butuntil they get the app bang on I am afriad we are the testers/ginny pigs::bigsmile:
terry

Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Hi Tofo me again - if like us your Mail is downloading and missing the last couple of words on the line of print you are reading -unlike what people at Amazon tell you to unistall the app and reinstall app -just found out you can go onto the menu button -top of any page except front one-scroll down to SYNC NOW -3rd from bottm- this tells pad to re download and everything should be ok :thumb:Apain butuntil they get the app bang on I am afriad we are the testers/ginny pigs::bigsmile:
terry

I've been fortunAte with the mail app loaded yesterday's mail correctly
Then apologised this morning because it hadn't updated at 06:00 this morning
Mind it couldn't I turned it off at bedtime

Went to our daughters today took kindle with me for a try to get bt WiFi
What a Painr 3 hours connected and disconnected time and time again
Just in range of WiFi but a week signal and slow BB

Could of logged into her sky router
But would of learnt nothing by doing so
When I got home had to find our bt router and input password again
Now thAt was annoying I pad remembers it unless I remove it

Mostly kindle works in a similar way to I pad .

IPhone won't (Bluetooth) pair with the kindle much as I expected not being android
Maybe a different unlocked mobile( temporarily) that gives tethering when away
Will come my way

I find it harder to use compared to my I pad 2 but it is easier to hold

The mail on I pad is better in as much as you can have a full page same as a paper
That you can pinch and scroll to that which you want to read

I'm also finding its less secure than the I pad
on the iPad You go to settings and find a setting to set a four digit lock code
I'm sure it's on here but haven't found it yet

The other thing is it's alright if you want to pay Amazon all the time

As said earlier not really an app type person
Seems no freebies on Amazon
Well apart from 400 tokens in my account courtesy of Amazon
Funny enough the cost of a security app

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Toffo what you describe happens at your daughters is happening to me using my home hub all the time--- I have been onto both DM and Amazon, DM 3 times AMAZON 4 and both are very helpful but DM end up giving you Amazons number.I ended up jumping through all sorts of whoops /installing, un installing, even having to do the same on my Samsung tab2 to eliminate that from the process.After that despite having a good to excellent signal from my router and the Fire connecting then not they finally agreed to send me a replacement.After hearing your experiences I am not holding my breath that the replacement will be any better :Smile:
Will my grandson end up with a extra Xmas pressy? Or will I end up insisting on a full refund and no paper on my Samsung ::bigsmile: but be 120 quid richer?
Did you read my earlier post on changing settings to allow you to get Playstore and free apps
terry

Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Hi Toffo what you describe happens at your daughters is happening to me using my home hub all the time--- I have been onto both DM and Amazon, DM 3 times AMAZON 4 and both are very helpful but DM end up giving you Amazons number.I ended up jumping through all sorts of whoops /installing, un installing, even having to do the same on my Samsung tab2 to eliminate that from the process.After that despite having a good to excellent signal from my router and the Fire connecting then not they finally agreed to send me a replacement.After hearing your experiences I am not holding my breath that the replacement will be any better :Smile:
Will my grandson end up with a extra Xmas pressy? Or will I end up insisting on a full refund and no paper on my Samsung ::bigsmile: but be 120 quid richer?
Did you read my earlier post on changing settings to allow you to get Playstore and free apps
terry

When I went to my daughters I took the kindle with us
To see if if I could find hotspots Bt fon or Bt
All were just in or out of reach even an unsecured network
They kept coming in and out of reach
You could see the signals up and downing as expected

When I took my I pad it was very similar
So it was expected
I wanted to see if it had a better aerial than I pad
But I think they are evenly matched pad/kindle to base/ router

Obviously I could have logged on to her router
But that would be easy ??,