Kindle Daily Deal - The Killing (1 Viewer)

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Was given the boxed set of this much praised thriller and enjoyed watching it very much. Now an unusual twist..... David Hewson has written "the book of the series" in collaboration with the original scriptwriter. A new way of doing it I guess.... make the film and THEN write the book, looking forward to getting my teeth into over 700 pages ....... all for £0.99. Get it at Kindle site until midnight tonight.

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007G7IVYW/ref=kdd_page_title?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1AC9SDZG219BNJBV3JP9&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=352791607&pf_rd_i=1000577623"]The Killing (Killing 1) eBook: David Hewson: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store[/ame]

Regards, Bryan

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Good Shout Brian. Just bought it:Smile:

Hewson wrote a great book on writing and then marketing books which I have read a couple of times. Expect book II to be much more expensive::bigsmile: He's also written a series about an Italian detective which has had excellent reviews and is going to be made into a series, its on my list of stuff to read. I try to stay away from series books as my addictive nature means I try and finish them to the exclusion of more important things:Blush: Thanks again:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
my addictive nature means I try and finish them to the exclusion of more important things:Blush: Thanks again:thumb:

Strange that, wife will pick up a book, read for 10 mins, do something else. I get stuck in and read 'till my eyes hurt, usually a 2 in the morning. Then I sleep badly running through the plot.

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Good Shout Brian. Just bought it:Smile:

Hewson wrote a great book on writing and then marketing books which I have read a couple of times. Expect book II to be much more expensive::bigsmile: He's also written a series about an Italian detective which has had excellent reviews and is going to be made into a series, its on my list of stuff to read. I try to stay away from series books as my addictive nature means I try and finish them to the exclusion of more important things:Blush: Thanks again:thumb:

Sian might well kick my a**e for this, but look here for the first of the series...... just £0.74, Bargain !!!!

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Season-Dead-Nic-Costa-ebook/dp/B004E9T0KO/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1354795308&sr=1-2"]A Season for the Dead (Nic Costa) eBook: David Hewson: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store[/ame]

Enjoy, Bryan

B

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sian might well kick my a**e for this, but look here for the first of the series...... just £0.74, Bargain !!!!
B

You realise we won't be able to buy food this week now !

I bought the first Montalbano book, considerably more expensive, last week, then watched the DVD afterwards, I think the book was the clear winner. Though it has to be said that the Italians put some nice eye candy treats into the TV series.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
What a great bargain at 99p.

I've heard good things about the TV series, but never seen it, so the book would be great for me.

Thanks Brian.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I've heard good things about the TV series, but never seen it.

So had I so watched the first of the current one. Lasted about 20 mins. They talk so fast I could barely read the subtitles and never got to see the actors. It just was not entertaining for me.

Now Montalbano, much much slower subtitles, I enjoyed those. A bit of time to view the lovely scenery.

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
And I've just bought it for Mike and I. Great stuff - keep these recommendations coming!

::bigsmile:

Why not subscribe to Kindle Daily Deal and such recommendations will come direct to your e-mail daily..... simples:winky:

Regards, Bryan

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Cor!
Just squeaked in - their servers must be running slow & thank goodness for 1-Click ordering!
:thumb:

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
03:00 before I could put it down this morning, very readable, really gives the feel of Rome and magnificently gruesome.

Plenty of dark nights ahead before you see the sun again:ROFLMAO: Have a look here >>>>>>

Broken Link Removed

Regards, Bryan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back