Kindle crisis

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by carolyn, Aug 26, 2013.

1. carolyn

carolyn Funster

Nicks kindle has done wrong, we're off to France Wednesday and working tomorrow so off to Tescos. Don't think the lawn will get mowed today as we have hundreds of books on our account as 3 kindles are linked to it so Nick will be trawling through trying to remember what he wanted! The easy ones to dismiss are the ones in Spanish and Portuguese that daughter reads, I was going to blame the chicklit on her but I have to confess that I read it as well.
    Can't believe it's only £69 now, worth every penny plus club card points.:Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gooney

Gooney Funster

Kindle is brilliant, got the kindle app on my iPad and sync'd with my Kindle, I can read a book in the dark on the iPad and the same book on the Kindle in the bright daylight...spot on:thumb:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

I have the same as gooney...But two Kindles normal £69.00 mine :Doh::cry: and the Wife's Kindle white :Eeek: :thumb:..also I have the kindle app on my android tablet....I also transfer a lot of my e-book collection from our laptop onto our Kindle's and android....so What's the panic:Eeek: take your laptop with you..with all your e-books and transfer when needed:thumb:

But both a brill bit of kit also the Kindle app

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  4. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

I just bought my son the kindle fire hd from argos for £139, which I thought was quite reasonable. I wouldn't normally spend that much on a birthday pressie but sometimes somebody needs a wee bit of special kindness. :BigGrin:

Ivy

• Like Like x 3
  5. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

if you buy a kindle direct from, or fulfilled by, Amazon their warranty is first class.

mine totally failed after 7 months (terminal failure) and Amazon sent a new replacement the next day...that failed the next day and two days later i received a second replacement.

not the fault of kindle...turns out my charger was faulty. :Doh::Blush:

6. carolyn

carolyn Funster

I think we have been lucky, mine and my daughters still OK after 3 years from Amazon, Nick's was from Tescos and was over 2 years old. Tescos new waranty today even covers accidental damage for a year so we are happy, seems Ok but it is only 2 hours old! I did suggest him having my old one and me having the new one, I guess you can imagine his reply. We were in a hurry to get downloading in case we don't have free wifi, I have an ipad but the laptop is ancient and we only use it to watch films that Nick downloads before we go.We are hoping to inherit gadget mad daughters Mac when she buys a Macbookair, mind you her job does not start till october and we bought the Mac in the first place when she started Uni 5 years ago.:Smile: