Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Does anybody have any recommendations for camping / parking in Kielder dark Sky Park?

Campsites or wild welcome ?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
If you contact The Anglers Arms you can park for free in their car park and they even supply EHU free if required.

Nice little pub with decent food and drink, no pressure from the owner to buy food just a few beers will do.

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
If you contact The Anglers Arms you can park for free in their car park and they even supply EHU free if required.

Nice little pub with decent food and drink, no pressure from the owner to buy food just a few beers will do.
That sounds perfect, do they book or a first come basis ?

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016

Went there last year and it was perfectly fine (y)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I looked at this one but can not find any reference to motorhomes for booking am I missing something?
Leaplish
https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-...orthumberland/kielder-waterside-caravan-park/
I liked it.
BUT -
"The site is currently undergoing major site extension works, with the creation of further accommodation types on site, amongst other improvements. Whilst construction is ongoing, the site is unfortunately unable to accept bookings for touring pitches in 2017 and will only be selling seasonal long term pitches for 2017."​

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Ah,life always gets in the way of living ... But isn't that what makes it so challenging / exciting
... or frustrating! If "nearby" will do, there's a nice site at Bellingham (not in the Dark Sky area)
I agree The Anglers is nice, tho I haven't stayed over, just walked from Leaplish.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
That sounds perfect, do they book or a first come basis ?
If you give him a call or message him on Facebook he'll keep you a space, other than that it's first come gets the space. He is a very accomading guy and will do his best to fit you in, we have been several times now normally when we meet our Funsters friends from the north east as its a good midway point.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Depending on what you want, and which way you approach Kielder, there is a forest drive route in from the A68 north of Otterburn, you pay a small toll to use the road but I am not aware of any restrictions on parking along that route, but not used it for a good few years and not with MH

watch out for bighting thingies, before we discovered Scotland it was by far the worst place we have ever been for getting bitten, I work for Northumbria Water and they issued us with Jungle Formula Roll On, we now swear by that even for help in Scotland

upload_2017-5-16_18-53-55.png

this sign does say no camping or caravans, technically it doesn't say no motorhomes, its a nice drive in the forest anyway

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back