Kids' hobbies (1 Viewer)

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Remember when making mud pies and eating worms was sophisticated entertainment?

Attachments

• 100_2000.jpg
    100_2000.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 37

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I do indeed, and originating from way up north an old bike wheel with the centre and spokes removed, was driven by a short stick for mile and miles, my memory fails me at the moment but I think we called it a"girder", also picking up large pigeon feathers apply a blob of soft road tar (we had real summers then) to the bottom and throwing them in the air to make helicopters,1meter garden canes with a dart barrel on one end and a paper flight made Zulu spears, Oh the imagination ran riot,
Any more favorite pass times up to the age of 12, I found girls then :Sad:
Geo

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: Our daughter Mandy who is now 27 years old was using my Amstrad CPC 464 with add-ons to play games and was even typing in Programs that I had written for her at the age of 6. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

F

fordy

Deleted User
Remember when making mud pies and eating worms was sophisticated entertainment?

Hi that's the same with my kids how its all changed now days, my 6 year old was doing his home work on the laptop, so i asked if he needed me to set the printer up
all i got was why i have emailed my work to the teacher:Eeek:
i must be behind the times with the schooling now.:RollEyes:

FORDY:Smile:

V

vanessa

Deleted User
We called the dart ends on canes "Dutch arrows" - but we threw them with the aid of a piece of string used as a sling - along the same principles as the modern-day ball-slingers for dogs. Why was hanging your action man out of the window on a piece of string so much fun?!! We also made parachutes from carrier bags, and threw our action men off the local cliff top (where there is now a fence which stops you going anywhere near it "in case someone falls off!!!). Oh those were the days!!:winky:

Chris - not Vanessa

Ah, but us girls spent hours playing mothers-and-babies, climbing trees, scrumping for apples and plums, making dens in the local woods ... and in the winter, tobogganing down the local hills, and digging cars out of snow-drifts and telling the drivers how to get up the hill!!

Fordy - a 6-year-old sending attachments! I'm impressed!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back