Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Hope to be off to see the tulips in April. Has anyone camped at either the gardens or nearby in safety or has any tips. I would be grateful.

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
When I did Keukenhof we stayed at Abbenes at Hoeve'tGroene Hart Kaagweg 50.GPS n52,22630 e4,61911. Can be found in Camper stop Europe. Nice stop about 10 km from Keukenhof .Good shops near by cheap fuel etc.

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
If you require a stop beforehand I can recommend Eaten -Leur Jachthaven Turfhout cycle friendly area worth a couple of days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we went last year and used the aire in Gouda centre then drove round the bulb fields and back for another night

we had done Keukenhof before and considered it again but it was seriously busy when we got near it, queues for quite a way and masses of coaches, probably worth going once though

the fields are a real treat for us, sight and smell

have fun (y)

IMG_0486.JPG
IMG_0497.JPG

Feb 23, 2016
The Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic c
Exp
Since 2010
What a beautiful country! :D We have never been to the Keukenhof, shame on us. But driving along the tulipfields is also very nice.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We stopped overnight just around the corner along the lane I mentioned in the Amsterdam Today thread. Perfectly safe, loads of MHs along there, nose to tail by evening.

I'm not a huge fan of flower gardens but Keukenhof is well worth the effort - it's only open during the colourful bit of the year.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Two tips
Take a packed lunch, or eat in the MH. Food on site is expensive and rubbish

Take plenty of warm clothes, the wind in the Netherlards is biting

Enjoy !

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Another thing to look for at Keukenhof - they sometimes have a traditional street barrel organ called the Draaiorgel de Adriaen that is set up to play modern hits. If you've not yet heard Bohemian Rhapsody on a Dutch barrel organ you haven't lived. I bought the CD :)

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We stayed at http://www.koningshofholland.com/en/camping-caravanning/ a few years ago. Site is fine but the pitches are bit tight. If you do stay there, it's a lot shorter (12Km instead of 18Km) and quicker to cycle to Keukenhof as you cycle straight up through small villages while the road goes miles further. We left the gardens at the same time as another family who had gone by car (paying handsomely for parking!). They queued and queued to get out and we were home long before them even riding very gently and having stopped to look at baby lambs etc on route.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back