Keukenhof Tulip Gardens.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by cydersyd, Mar 23, 2016.

1. cydersyd

cydersyd Funster

Hope to be off to see the tulips in April. Has anyone camped at either the gardens or nearby in safety or has any tips. I would be grateful.

2. xsparks

xsparks Funster

When I did Keukenhof we stayed at Abbenes at Hoeve'tGroene Hart Kaagweg 50.GPS n52,22630 e4,61911. Can be found in Camper stop Europe. Nice stop about 10 km from Keukenhof .Good shops near by cheap fuel etc.

• Like Like x 2
  3. xsparks

xsparks Funster

If you require a stop beforehand I can recommend Eaten -Leur Jachthaven Turfhout cycle friendly area worth a couple of days.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

we went last year and used the aire in Gouda centre then drove round the bulb fields and back for another night

we had done Keukenhof before and considered it again but it was seriously busy when we got near it, queues for quite a way and masses of coaches, probably worth going once though

the fields are a real treat for us, sight and smell

have fun (y)

IMG_0486.JPG IMG_0497.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  5. famdebree

famdebree Funster

What a beautiful country! :D We have never been to the Keukenhof, shame on us. But driving along the tulipfields is also very nice.

6. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

We stopped overnight just around the corner along the lane I mentioned in the Amsterdam Today thread. Perfectly safe, loads of MHs along there, nose to tail by evening.

I'm not a huge fan of flower gardens but Keukenhof is well worth the effort - it's only open during the colourful bit of the year.

7. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

Two tips
    Take a packed lunch, or eat in the MH. Food on site is expensive and rubbish

Take plenty of warm clothes, the wind in the Netherlards is biting

Enjoy !

8. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

Another thing to look for at Keukenhof - they sometimes have a traditional street barrel organ called the Draaiorgel de Adriaen that is set up to play modern hits. If you've not yet heard Bohemian Rhapsody on a Dutch barrel organ you haven't lived. I bought the CD :)

9. meanders

meanders Funster - Life Member Life Member

We stayed at http://www.koningshofholland.com/en/camping-caravanning/ a few years ago. Site is fine but the pitches are bit tight. If you do stay there, it's a lot shorter (12Km instead of 18Km) and quicker to cycle to Keukenhof as you cycle straight up through small villages while the road goes miles further. We left the gardens at the same time as another family who had gone by car (paying handsomely for parking!). They queued and queued to get out and we were home long before them even riding very gently and having stopped to look at baby lambs etc on route.