Kept it a bit of a secret but whilst at Peterborough

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jaws, May 9, 2012.

1. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

We only went and joined the C&CC !

And I am very happy to report that as of today, our experiences of membership are diametrically opposite those we had when we first started out and joined the CC

Stopped at a site, friendly wardens ( unlike the Rotweiler(sp?) wardERS we seem to encounter at CC sites.
    No spam at all
    Well priced sites all over France
    Magazine that does not have 30% of its pages 'bigging up' its self !!

Further reports to follow :Wink:

• Like Like x 11
  2. Viennese

Viennese Funster

I have been happy with C&CC

and have found staff helpful and friendly. The web site is a bit annoying, especially the find a campsite bit - could be done better.

• Like Like x 2
  3. M1TCH

M1TCH Read Only Funster

Have to agree the CC&C website is a joke but its not funny ive stopped using it it was a lot better before some spotty youth sat at his computer and changed it all, ive sent a couple of complaint emails got a reply which said that a lot of members found the old site hard to use and understand so what i know lets make it ten times harder to understand and call it progress NOT, i now just book the CC sites the website is easy to use well it would be they have not messed with it, as for the wardens on CC sites i will have to say again ive never had a problem with one and have stayed on a lot of club sites, i have spoken to a lot of wardens and they say that some people seem to turn up with the know it all stance and just want to treat them like servents if thats the case then is it any wonder some people clash.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Red Sonja

Red Sonja Funster

John if you and Mo get yourself off to some DA meets Im sure you will enjoy them as well.

Sonja

• Like Like x 5
  5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I agree. We joined the C&CC in March last year and the Motor Caravan Section at Peterborough last year and have been to a number of meets and THSs. We've always received a warm and friendly welcome.

Never used a C&CC main site but we've used several CC main sites and a number of CLs & CSs. Always received a friendly welcome at all of those as well; never come across any problems with wardens.

• Like Like x 1
  6. brynric

brynric Funster

The "site finder" part of the website has now been revised and its much better. Its now possible to look at a map, find a site and explore it without giving your bloodgroup.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Gooney

Gooney Funster

Yes brynric, I've just tried it following your comment and it is much more user friendly.
    :thumb:

8. beachcaster

beachcaster Read Only Funster

I have been to C&CC sites where the toilets and showers were in a bad way
    and in one case so smelly I would never dream of having a shower in them.
    This has never been the case with CC toilets and showers.

I use loads of CC sites and the wardens I meet are great...charming friendly and helpful.

I wont judge all the C&CC sites by the few less than perfect ones I have visited...but I just dont understand why people have it in for the CC..when
    my own experience tells me the image portrayed by the OP is just not the case and well out of date.

barry

• Like Like x 1
  9. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Never had a problem on CC sites even with an RV and the quality of facilities is always good, but on the C&CC site on Skye a real "charmer" of a warden :thumbdown: nice site though :thumb:

10. M1TCH

M1TCH Read Only Funster

Agree Barry there seems to be an anti CC few, well my answer is dont go which frees space up for the ones that dont have so called problems with the wardens :thumb: at the end of the day you pay your money you take your choice but i know which one i would rather go to :Wink:

11. makems

makems Funster Life Member

We've been members of C&CC since we bought our first MH.
    All the Club sites we've visited have been first class.
    The main benefit we gain is the rallies - we spent all of the school holidays last summer touring rally sites across Lancs/Yorks/NE. There are dozens of them all over the country and usually around £7 - £8 per night. Always water and waste disposal available so as long as you have solar and don't need EHU they're great.

• Like Like x 1
  12. yorkshirepudding

yorkshirepudding Read Only Funster

I stayed at the Skye C&CC site last year. The warden is an ex military gentleman. Lower ranks of course. The solution was simple...just give the impression that you were of a higher rank and he will bend over backwards to please you.:Rofl1::Rofl1:

Seriously, I found him extremely helpful at a time when the site was very busy with a large contingent of Dutch caravanners.

13. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Yep, we fully intend to.. but not the Norfolk section.. We will be having a look at events going on in Essex and see whats to do :)

Several years ago I was rather abused by certain members of the Norfolk area committee ( or whatever the correct name is ) so have no wish to resume contact with them

• Like Like x 1
  14. rangitira

rangitira Funster

We are members of both, each have their good & bad points, and there is always a Dill in any organisation.

We do a lot of meets with the Devon and Cornwall MCS and found them a lot friendlier than the CC D&C lot, Horses for courses!

The £25 deposit C&C C requires stops the no shows, which I think is a good thing :thumb:

15. Rayb182

Rayb182 Funster Life Member

We've members of C&CC since our tenting days and members of East Essex DA, sometimes go to their meets all over Essex, have a butchers at their website, http://www.eeda.co.uk/ see you at Tattingstone.

16. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. mikebeaches

mikebeaches Funster

Used to be members of both clubs ages ago when we were tuggers. It was a few years after we sold the last caravan, before we bought a MH - so let the memberships lapse.

Re-joined C&CC when the MH came along. Like the Over 55s discount, which provides good value. Also like the rallies, especially during summer school holidays, when other sites are expensive.

Had occasion to stay at a Caravan Club site last October, and were going to re-join the club while we were there if all went well. Unfortunately, it didn't go well, so we didn't join! Shame, because the site was fine, unfortunately it was the staff - put us right off.

So we'll stick with the C&CC for now - and thank goodness they've re-designed the website in the last day or so, facilitating easy map searches again!

Oh, and we also stayed at the Skye C&CC site about four weeks ago - stunning location and a lovely couple running it.:thumb:

18. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

Picture in my mind is the scene from the film DELIVERANCE :Rofl1: no not the one with the banjo's:Eeek:

19. darklord

darklord Read Only Funster

I like the C&CC, they give a discount of you are of a certain age, the cl's are all good, the forest sites are bleddy great, as for the CC...i didnt like their sites, nor their mag.....so i didnt renew membership,.

20. Red Sonja

Red Sonja Funster

Ray

We also have been to many of the East Essex meets and in fact are off to an army re enactment one in the middle of June. The Only Sue is also Marshalling the one at the Pheasant Oak Little Totham.

Sonja