Kent Police warning Airgun being used on the M20 (1 Viewer)

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Just warning :thumb: .
Kent Police is urging witnesses to come forward, and at the same time warning motorists to be extra vigilant, following a series of incidents on a Londonbound section of the M20 at the junction with the M26.
Police are concerned that airgun pellets are being fired at moving vehicles and at least one motorist has been injured.
Three reports were made to Kent Police on Tuesday 16 October relating to incidents occurring between 6pm and 7pm, when the motorway was at its busiest with commuter traffic.
In one attack, a Peugeot 206 was struck on the nearside smashing the front passenger window. The shattered glass cut the driver’s face and the pellet hit his arm. He was forced to pull over onto the hard shoulder and call for assistance.
The driver reported that the incident happened as he drove under a bridge half a mile before the turn off to the A20. He states he heard a loud smash but didn’t see what had made the impact.
On the same evening, an Audi A4 was struck on the rear nearside door causing a large dent and another car was struck in the same place, smashing the rear passenger window.
M20 Londonbound near junction 3
The incidents happened on the Londonbound carriageway of the M20 near to junction 3 with the M26 and where a footpath runs parallel and level with the motorway. The footpath and motorway are separated by a three foot high timber rail fence beyond which is a dense area of stinging nettles and brambles.
Chief Inspector Jon Kirby said: ‘We are extremely concerned that someone appears to be firing projectiles at fast moving vehicles. The consequences of this are horrific.
‘Whoever is doing this clearly hasn’t thought through the consequences of his or her actions and needs to be caught immediately. We are focussing all of our efforts on doing this.
‘In the meantime, I urge all motorists using the M26 to be aware of what has taken place and to report any suspicious activity to police.’
Do you have information?
Witnesses or anyone with information about who may be involved is asked to contact Chief Inspector Jon Kirby at Kent Police by calling 101. Alternatively, if you have any information but would prefer to remain anonymous, call Kent Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
What is it with people attacking cars on high speed roads ?

For several months recently, we had people chucking concrete off bridges at cars on the A14 and A12.. There were some very serious injuries caused..

As far as I am aware, no one was ever caught, but ( touch wood ) the attacks have stopped

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've had a number of incidents from time to time of missiles being thrown from bridges on the A174. Some kids were caught last year (two 8 year olds and a 14 year old) but in other incidents nobody has been caught.

OP
OP
Mavis

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
We have had a case of missile from bridges on the same stretch of the Motorway.
Now its a shot gun --getting worse and an accident is going to happen soon.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
I cannot see that a normal 12ftp air rifle can shatter a car window, at very close range maybe but I'm willing to bet my only used for a week socks, that a very good shot from 30 yrds shooting at speeding cars would be unable to smash windows with any regularity:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back