LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Tempted by Ken Follett's latest today, "Fall Of Giants" but it's the start of a trilogy so I resisted. By the time the next one appears I've usually forgotten what's going on, it happened with Bernard Cornwell's Arthur and Saxon series and Conn Iggulden's Genghis Khan. Trouble is it'll be at least two years before I can read them, decisions, decisions.

Interesting stuff on Follett's website about "Pillars" and "World", what he calls a character map with the cast list woven into a family tree which is handy to refer to during a senior moment. Wonder if we'll see World on our screens one day?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Rolf, the good thing with Follett is that you can pick up a book and read it without having read the previous ones.

With Pillars of the Earth set, I read them in the wrong order .... but still loved each of them...

I would say go for it.:Smile:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Joy
- did you watch the full series on the TV or did you give up ? :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Smile:Hi Dixon, I actually started to enjoy it.... then for the last episode I was meeting with Carol and Eddie in Preston so I set my recorder for it (and Merlin) ........ it didn't work:Doh::Doh::cry: so I missed the ending and how they dealt with it....

Did Barbara read the book yet? It is on offer in Tesco I think ... caught a glance as I ran past the cucumbers.....

Hope you are both, and Rosie, well and things are going better for you. Big big hugs Missing you all. Joy xxx

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Barbara has the book, but intends to watch the TV series first for some reason. :Smile:

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
For me, Pillars of the Earth, is one of the best historical novels I have ever read. Enormously entertaining, historically accurate, and with a superb character set.

Stonehenge, by Bernard Cornwell is equally as good, and deserves more attention. It is a stand alone novel, not one of a series, and is an huge read, but well worth the effort.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I've got Pillars of the Earth dvd set its brilliant.

Taking the book on my trip to China it'll help combat the boredom at border posts::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back