keeping in touch

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by Loddy, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Loddy

Loddy Read Only Funster

Hello guys
    We are planning a trip to the USA and the question is what is the easiest/cheapest way to stay in touch with the UK, we have laptops and are set up with skype but we have aged relatives who have only just learnt how to use a phone,

Loddy:Smile:

2. madbluemad

madbluemad

You can still use Skype to call from the States to a UK land line or mobile. It costs, but not as much as a normal phone call.

You have said your relatives are elderley however you may be surprised at their ability to learn. Skype is the way.

Bear in mind, when I was a lad we wrote letters, it can still be done. :Eek!:

Jim
    :Smile:

3. Loddy

Loddy Read Only Funster

Well I aint going to buy them computers, letters are good but her indoors likes to chat
    :Doh:

Loddy

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

I used skype (on my lappy) to call the uk from sanfrancisco via the hotel wi-fi.

20 min call cost 17p

5. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Skype is the answer, can show you when I collect the lathe. Please answer your PM's

6. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

It looks like you are going to teach them about SKYPE:Rofl1:
    They will be totally amazed at how it works ----------for free-----------how long are you going for ?? Will you be touring ??
    It is quite easy to pick up wi-fi in most places-------I don't know if you can do it----- but if you can organise your times---could they call you from a library internet ? ---just a thought.
    If they can text maybe you can arrange times.
    We knew what times our daughter would normally be on-line so just skyped those times (when we had wi-fi)-----------if you are travelling accross Country----don't forget to allow for clocks changing:BigGrin:
    Nigel & Pamala