Keep your euro's safe, they could become valuable later today (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Will May's speech on Brexit later today put the pound into free fall. A hard Brexit could be announced........what do you think.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
if your leaving a club!
which we are
you say see you around
im off taking my belongings with me
walk to the door
go through and close it

that is how id like to see it explained
but she was right to hold the cards tight
till a decision was made
by the vegetables

we need to control our own destiny
not bow down to foreingn bosses

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Will May's speech on Brexit later today put the pound into free fall. A hard Brexit could be announced........what do you think.
Much of the currency fluctuation has already been factored into the market over the last few days

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
December 2015 I think it was €1.44 ish to the GBP. A an idiot abroad dragging his heels cost me £15,000.00 in one transaction when he finally got is act together in February 2016 when £1 then only bought me €1.2525.

Christmas and new year saw €1.19 per £

Today, even changing millions wont see much of €1.12-€1.13

I can't see parity on the cards (yet) but then I am no expert.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I think that IF the Euro survives then the £ will rally against it, maybe not in a couple of months but in time to come.
We're travelling through euroland in May and we'll get what we get. I thought of changing some now but I'll leave it. Got some left over when it was riding high but we'll just buy as we like and don't worry what we're getting. The holiday is for relaxation not fretting

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
So we
Ahead of the speech, German Chancellor Angela Merkel urged the business community in her country to back her stance on Brexit, saying: "I'm asking you as representatives of the business world to act together with us, because should it become apparent that you can get full access to the single market even if you can choose certain things then we risk that every country cherry picks. That's why politics and business need to act together."

can't have access to the E.U. well Mrs Merkel is very worried that we will:-

Seems the very very greedy people are very very worried.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Answer, as I said above, is "no"

Pound continues to rally
Posted at12:19

The pound continues to climb, now at $1.2247, up 1.7% for the session.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Oh come on.... worst :reel: attempt of the year so far..... surely you can do better than that?
The year is young DD... I have no personal pain or gain from the euro but I did note that it will be 2019 before the final document is put to both house's for agreement. Today is just one step of the ladder, what if the final doc is rejected in 2019..:)

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
The year is young DD... I have no personal pain or gain from the euro but I did note that it will be 2019 before the final document is put to both house's for agreement. Today is just one step of the ladder, what if the final doc is rejected in 2019..:)

Because once you have jumped off the diving board,you can't change your mind about staying on:rolleyes::cool:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
So we
Ahead of the speech, German Chancellor Angela Merkel urged the business community in her country to back her stance on Brexit, saying: "I'm asking you as representatives of the business world to act together with us, because should it become apparent that you can get full access to the single market even if you can choose certain things then we risk that every country cherry picks. That's why politics and business need to act together."

can't have access to the E.U. well Mrs Merkel is very worried that we will:-

Seems the very very greedy people are very very worried.
Looks like we will have access to the single market as does many other trading nations that are not members of the single market. It's just down to terms that are agreed and I cant see the EU shooing itself in the foot by imposing harsh reciprocal arrangements. A brilliant speech by May IMO and very clever too.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
That's not going to be good for exports is it.....;)
Well we can't have it both ways. Many on here whinging about the fall in the value of the £ and how much more things will cost and when we get a small rally, some say it's bad for exports.
Lets do the opposite. When the £ falls, let's cheer and say it's good for exports and when the £ rises, let's cheer and say it's good for imports and holidays.
No matter which way it goes, there'll always be someone who wants to highlight the negatives

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Because once you have jumped off the diving board,you can't change your mind about staying on:rolleyes::cool:

Yes you can .Even once article 50 is invoked you can still decide at the 11th hour that you'll stay. Might be a financial penalty but there is nothing to stop you rescinding it.

Looks like we will have access to the single market as does many other trading nations that are not members of the single market. It's just down to terms that are agreed and I cant see the EU shooing itself in the foot by imposing harsh reciprocal arrangements. A brilliant speech by May IMO and very clever too.

??? How?? No freedom of movement = no single market . There is no discussion. As Merkel said, you can't cherry pick the bits you like & dump the rest.

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Turns out that today saw the biggest rise in Sterling in one day since 2008. According to the FT it's value had been discounted because of the advance briefing that we would leave the single market and customs union. On hearing the (un pre released news that both houses would have a deciding vote on the deal at the END of the process) the pound shot up.

What do you think that says?

https://www.ft.com/content/07025c5c-dc97-11e6-86ac-f253db7791c6

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Turns out that today saw the biggest rise in Sterling in one day since 2008. According to the FT it's value had been discounted because of the advance briefing that we would leave the single market and customs union. On hearing the (un pre released news that both houses would have a deciding vote on the deal at the END of the process) the pound shot up.

What do you think that says?

https://www.ft.com/content/07025c5c-dc97-11e6-86ac-f253db7791c6
Think it says the minority whining class hope they can change the will of the majority...

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Dont recall the PM saying she was going to cherry-pick the best bits,I do recall her saying they wouldn't continue paying billions into the EU,so Merkel needs to be careful she doesn't choke on a cherry pip.
She the PM has said the very things the EU didn't want to hear,we will be leaving the single market,so Mrs Merkel will be doing the cherry-picking methinks.:LOL:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I don't think Merkel will be around when the dust settles. Kicking us in the nuts as far as trading partners goes. Ok so no more Mercs, VW's, BM's, Citroen, Renault, Peugeot's, Fiats, etc, etc, etc coming here then?

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
??? How?? No freedom of movement = no single market . There is no discussion. As Merkel said, you can't cherry pick the bits you like & dump the rest.
At this present time, that's only speculation. She isn't the only one making that decision. She may feel that's what she wants but the money people in Germany may decide differently.
Who knows, it could be that we get global deals and the EU are rushing to get their share of our business.
We all need to take a step back and stop speculation irrespective of what is publicly said from whichever country. Hard facts!!!!!

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I don't think Merkel will be around when the dust settles. Kicking us in the nuts as far as trading partners goes. Ok so no more Mercs, VW's, BM's, Citroen, Renault, Peugeot's, Fiats, etc, etc, etc coming here then?
No more BMs...:eek: Blimey! what are the baldy headed short angry men going to drive.:)

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I know you are a jag fan DD, I have again been driving an F type R for the past 3 weeks, what a fantastic machine it is, 3.4 secs to 60 can be a bit frightening when you hit that peddle on the right but what a fantastic car it is. I wouldn't entertain BMs if one of them was the option.(y)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I know you are a jag fan DD, I have again been driving an F type R for the past 3 weeks, what a fantastic machine it is, 3.4 secs to 60 can be a bit frightening when you hit that peddle on the right but what a fantastic car it is. I wouldn't entertain BMs if one of them was the option.(y)
Had an older BM 318i ..hated it .most uncomfortable car I have ever owned. Put me off BMs for life. Roy

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
The man tipped to be Donald Trump's ambassador to the European Union has told the BBC the single currency "could collapse" in the next 18 months.

Professor Ted Malloch said he would "short the euro" - taking a market position which bets on the value of the currency falling.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38749884

Pete

Deleted User
The man tipped to be Donald Trump's ambassador to the European Union has told the BBC the single currency "could collapse" in the next 18 months.

Professor Ted Malloch said he would "short the euro" - taking a market position which bets on the value of the currency falling.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38749884

Pete

And that's part of the problem, pricks like that and speculators attempting to manipulate markets for their own greedy ends.:(

First against the wall come the revolution:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back