Keep it Clean

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by maryanne, Apr 12, 2013.

1. maryanne

maryanne Funster

Can anyone recommend a handheld, rechargeable, lightweight vacuum cleaner that has a decent amount of suction? I have tried various models and makes but none of them do the job as intended. I don't mind paying a reasonable amount if it works properly. The Dyson handheld is possibly the best, but as an arthritic OAP I can hardly lift it!

2. Touchwood

Touchwood Funster

We find our two King Charles cavalier spaniels hugely effective at clearing up any food spills in the 'van, though as yet we've been unable to persuade them to eat any mud, grass etc. that gets tracked in. Surprising when one considers what they will eat given the chance......:Laughing:

3. Nirvanauk

Nirvanauk Funster

We had the dyson hand held and as you say was very heavy. However it was also rubbish as a vacuum cleaner and the battery life was pathetic.
    Hope that helps.

4. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

vacuum cleaner

Hello Maryanne, We have a black and decker one with a flexible hose its very good I have seen this model for sale in Halfords for £75 I bought ours in a black and decker shop in manchester £34.99 and worth it :thumb:

5. jaygee

jaygee Funster

6. Deckard

Deckard Read Only Funster

I run a cleaning business - i havent found anything thats any good on battery power.

SWHMBO however bought an AEG ErgoRapido - its decent enough on hardfloors but not upto dog hairs on carpets...

I wouldnt have a dyson if it were free - they dont last - i have seen many people start "cleaning businesses" and rock up with a dyson...after a few months theyre knackered, my numatics have done 4 cleans a day 5 days a week for 4 years....they are big n ugly i'm afraid, mains only but bullet proof.

The Red Henry is the retail option, smaller and lighter but with the almost the same motor; get an Airo brush to deal with the dog hair issue.:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  7. francour

francour Read Only Funster

vacuum

Hi
    aldi in the sun this week