Free Member
Jun 20, 2011
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004
Can anyone recommend a handheld, rechargeable, lightweight vacuum cleaner that has a decent amount of suction? I have tried various models and makes but none of them do the job as intended. I don't mind paying a reasonable amount if it works properly. The Dyson handheld is possibly the best, but as an arthritic OAP I can hardly lift it!

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
We find our two King Charles cavalier spaniels hugely effective at clearing up any food spills in the 'van, though as yet we've been unable to persuade them to eat any mud, grass etc. that gets tracked in. Surprising when one considers what they will eat given the chance......:roflmto:

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
We had the dyson hand held and as you say was very heavy. However it was also rubbish as a vacuum cleaner and the battery life was pathetic.
Hope that helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
vacuum cleaner

Hello Maryanne, We have a black and decker one with a flexible hose its very good I have seen this model for sale in Halfords for £75 I bought ours in a black and decker shop in manchester £34.99 and worth it :thumb:

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
I run a cleaning business - i havent found anything thats any good on battery power.

SWHMBO however bought an AEG ErgoRapido - its decent enough on hardfloors but not upto dog hairs on carpets...

I wouldnt have a dyson if it were free - they dont last - i have seen many people start "cleaning businesses" and rock up with a dyson...after a few months theyre knackered, my numatics have done 4 cleans a day 5 days a week for 4 years....they are big n ugly i'm afraid, mains only but bullet proof.

The Red Henry is the retail option, smaller and lighter but with the almost the same motor; get an Airo brush to deal with the dog hair issue.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back