kayak on the van (1 Viewer)

jph1

Free Member
Oct 17, 2009
Funster No
we have a brand new elddis autoquest coming in march .we also own a 2 seater fishing kayak ,weve paid extra for a rack and ladder anybody out there got any tips how to get it on top of the van

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I used to carry two twin canoes that weighed 35kg each on a roof rack on a tag axle AutoTrail. I would lean them against the back of the motorhome and then get on the roof and pull them up. I had a couple cut sections of an old aluminium ladder which was secured to the original roof-rack to raise it up so that the canoes did not interfere with vents and other roof furniture.

Upvote 0

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi JPH
Not done it my self but my son in law as kayaks on his hi top ford transit , he gets on top to pull a rope and if poss somebody to push up from below, I cant think of anything better. Pete:Smile::Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pat101

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
cornwall
Funster No
Exp
Hello, if your Kayak has bung holes as mine does I use these Link Removed To secure it to the roof rack.

I push the kayak from the ground using the top of the roof ladder to guide the kayak straight. 4.5mts long so makes it easier in a way.

Cheers Pat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt autoroller 700
Exp
on and off 20 years
Hello, if your Kayak has bung holes as mine does I use these Link Removed To secure it to the roof rack.

I push the kayak from the ground using the top of the roof ladder to guide the kayak straight. 4.5mts long so makes it easier in a way.

Cheers Pat.
Hi there I carry racing K1's on my th etop of my eldis autoquest so they don't wiegh much more than 190kg's. I can carry one end up th eladder and I had a freind make up a pole with a v at the end which th ek1 sits in. My wife can then lift it up and I slide it along. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back