Karcher WV2 Premium window vac on offer - be quick! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
On Amazon the Karcher WV2 Premium window vacuum is being discounted at £34.99 delivered, with a 2 year guarantee, this is the one with interchangeable heads (large and small) and a spray bottle:

81FeXE5Oy6L._SL1500_.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B00Q8KPF1K
We've just got one for the camper to replace the larger version we already have which piddles everywhere when tilted - apparently this is an improved design so less likely to wee itself! We'll keep the old one for the bungalow window cleaning and the car windows.

Sep 5, 2010
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Always - off and on
Has anyone tried the Vax one with the pivotal head, I'm tempted but like the original Karcher one - If I had two one could stay in house and one in BeNY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Help I can't see it. The link takes me to £42 with £4.48 delivery.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
We've just got one for the camper to replace the larger version we already have which piddles everywhere when tilted - apparently this is an improved design so less likely to wee itself!.....

I had that problem in the motorhome.... Well not me personally weeing myself :xrofl: but my Karcher leaking.

I'll be very interested in how this smaller one copes, because I stopped using mine in the van, as it wouldn't get anywhere close enough to the bottom of the screen, due to the angle the screen meets the Ducato dashboard. Effectively, to clear the whole screen, the new one will have to be capable of working while nearly fully inverted.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I too will be interested to hear results of the "use and tilt" road test when avsilable please.
I have to form a nappy for mine when in use !

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Mine pees so when using I loosely wrap a couple of bits of kitchen roll around it .

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Help I can't see it. The link takes me to £42 with £4.48 delivery.
The link is right and it shows as definitely being £34.99 with free delivery so I'm not sure what you're doing - ignore the price on the Amazon link image as it's wrong, below is what I get when I click on the Amazon link image:

Capture.PNG

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I too will be interested to hear results of the "use and tilt" road test when avsilable please.
I have to form a nappy for mine when in use !
I had that problem in the motorhome.... Well not me personally weeing myself :xrofl: but my Karcher leaking.

I'll be very interested in how this smaller one copes, because I stopped using mine in the van, as it wouldn't get anywhere close enough to the bottom of the screen, due to the angle the screen meets the Ducato dashboard. Effectively, to clear the whole screen, the new one will have to be capable of working while nearly fully inverted.
For our current one I use and old absorbent sock (yes it is clean and doesn't have any holes in it!) which fits nicely over the end so no dribbles, then just take the sock off to dry it. I also always do the bottom of the dash first so that it has minimal water in it to dribble out.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Strange - the page shows £47.99 at the top but a stand-alone price of £34.99. Once I put it in my basket though the price goes to £47.99; if I then go back to the item page it's £47.99 in the stand-alone price. Maybe the offer's over :xsad:

If you've got Amazon Prime (I haven't) you can get it for £31.99 by the look of it.

Edit: yep...offer's over - the item's been automatically removed from my basket ("no longer available from the seller").

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Strange - the page shows £47.99 at the top but a stand-alone price of £34.99. Once I put it in my basket though the price goes to £47.99; if I then go back to the item page it's £47.99 in the stand-alone price. Maybe the offer's over :xsad:

If you've got Amazon Prime (I haven't) you can get it for £31.99 by the look of it.

Edit: yep...offer's over - the item's been automatically removed from my basket ("no longer available from the seller").

Don't know if it's the same deal, but WV2 is available at John Lewis for £31.99 and Halfords at £35 :xThumb:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Don't know if it's the same deal, but WV2 is available at John Lewis for £31.99 and Halfords at £35 :xThumb:
That's just the basic unit without the liquid bottle and the smaller head which is what you need for a motorhome.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I did say you had to be quick when I started this thread ... :xgrin:

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
@Minxy Girl

Thanks for this. We have one of the older ones for use at home but were thinking of getting another for the van. Managed to get one at the offer price. Just need to sort a USB adapter to charge in the van now:)

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
the smaller head which is what you need for a motorhome.
Really? I have always used the larger head in the van & we both have the same windscreen. What's the advantage? Bit easier to get into the corner maybe?

We have some new, but old style sash windows (live in a conservation area) in the bathroom with little panes & I do have to put the smaller head on in there.

For others - the newer model does cope better with being inverted. Not perfect, but definitely better. The new one lives in the van & the old one lives in the bathroom. Use it for windows as above (only needed in winter) and for wiping down the shower. I do the shower walls as well as the glass door - cuts down on the amount of water that has to be evaporated & extracted. We have a big shower (room for two!), so it sucks up a worthwhile amount.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I did say you had to be quick when I started this thread ... :xgrin:
Quick is an understatement. More like speedygonzalus. :xshout:
I tried within the hr and couldn't get it at that price. Screw fix have it advertised but no stock anywhere it seems.

:xsad:

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Saw this at the ideal home expo and at £32.00 thought it a good replacement for my original Karcher that leaked when horizontal. It works great on the windscreen and with the smaller head is more efficient, the only downside is with a smaller tank it can be full before finishing if the condensation is heavy.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp

Wouldn't it be better to invest your money in some sliver screens then no cleaning up (y)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Wouldn't it be better to invest your money in some sliver screens then no cleaning up (y)
No ... we have them as well but sometimes they are not practical to use so a Karcher does the job when needed ... when away in spring/autumn sometimes condensation forms even if we weren't expecting it so if we didn't have a Karcher it would be a case of cloths to try to dry the screen then have to hang them somewhere to dry which isn't ideal.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Saw this at the ideal home expo and at £32.00 thought it a good replacement for my original Karcher that leaked when horizontal. It works great on the windscreen and with the smaller head is more efficient, the only downside is with a smaller tank it can be full before finishing if the condensation is heavy.
We usually empty ours regularly (due to the piddling!) so will just keep doing that as/when required. :)

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
We usually empty ours regularly (due to the piddling!) so will just keep doing that as/when required. :)
My wife said a similar thing about emptying more frequently and saving thirty quid but the new Karcher works so much better and is a lot quieter

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
No ... we have them as well but sometimes they are not practical to use so a Karcher does the job when needed ... when away in spring/autumn sometimes condensation forms even if we weren't expecting it so if we didn't have a Karcher it would be a case of cloths to try to dry the screen then have to hang them somewhere to dry which isn't ideal.
When have they not been practical to use MG, we use ours all year, in fact just arrived at the York site and put them on because we know in the morning loads of condensation otherwise
During the warmer months skylight open and if sliver screens not used don't remember having any issues thou
(y)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Purchased the same one in Tesco last week they were on offer at £45, great piece of kit

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
When have they not been practical to use MG, we use ours all year, in fact just arrived at the York site and put them on because we know in the morning loads of condensation otherwise (y)
We often wild camp or use aires etc abroad where we prefer not to use the screens all the time, also if they get wet we've then got to dry them and as we've got a PVC there's nowhere obvious to stick them!

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Why do they not do them for PVC, which I assume you are talking about
He's got an 'A-class' so not the standard body and screens for an A-class can be horrendously expensive!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back