Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
18 months
Good morning, I am a new funster and have a Rapido 941M, for which I have just bought a Kruga safari room. Problem! The instructions received with the kit - a series of photographs are woefully inadequate concerning securing the side panels of the "room" to the awning roof section (an Omnistor 5002). I have tried searching the web for clues but no luck yet. Anyone out there either got one, had experience of one or just knows how it comes together?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You can't, I think is the answer.

We've not got you model but similar and the sides flap about uselessly. There is a useless elastic draw string.

I've tried poles wedged between roll-out and ground, this comes to grief because the van tilts as you climb in.

Best bodge is rubber suckers and spring clips.

Some "proper job" models have a huge foam buffer to bridge the gap, but therein lies a storage problem.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Send it back and contact Rose Awnings and buy the proper omnistore room

Link Removed

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Right area, is this another part of the Peter Empire ?

If it is you need to do something about the web site, it's horrendous.

Nowt to do with me, he is actually a competitor against my FiammaCare set up but he is a good guy and I am not bloody minded not to recommend someone else!

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

Bagman

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
18 months
Kruga safari rooms

Thanks for that hilldweller, this one has the foam bits to effect a seal between side panel and the vehicle, the biT I can't get my head around is how the strip with clips and velcro pads effects a seal between the awning roof and the side panels. The instructions have a photograph of it being assembled but fails completely to show what the clips clip onto nor what you are supposed to stick the adhesive Velcro tabs to - I would assume to the underside of the roll out awning roof but the Velcro seems to be on the wrong side of the sealing panel. Very confusing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back