Kampa Rally Air Awning attaching to my Motorhome (1 Viewer)

reynardracer

Free Member
Aug 10, 2015
Twyford
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have a Kampa Rally Air awning that attaches to the motorhome via either a 4 mm or 6 mm beading. The trouble is my awning is an Omnistor and the attachment is on the inside and therefore will not close properly when the awning is attached and it is also tad low.

My Hymer does have a channel that runs around the vehicle, like most caravans, but it is of a greater diameter than either of my beading attachments.

I am therefore looking for an alternative way of attaching the awning, either using the channel already on the motorhome, if I could find out the diameter of the channel and then get a joining piece made up or by using something else attached to the top of the current awning, don't want to drill holes in the motorhome.

Anyone had this issue and solved it.

Thanks
Peter

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
I have a omnistor awning with a kampa air awning it fits in the track have you any pics

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
There are two models of your awning... the XL or the L ... should git fine to an omnistore awning
Pics would help

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

reynardracer

Free Member
Aug 10, 2015
Twyford
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
The awning fits into the track ok, but the track is on the inside of the awning and hence with awning beading in the track it prevents the awning from closing. Sorry dont know how to add pictures on here! The awning is an XL used on my previous mh, but it works with this one also.

OP
OP
R

reynardracer

Free Member
Aug 10, 2015
Twyford
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks all for the replies. Once again a problem aired is a problem solved. Also found a rail from called a Thule Universal Tent Fixation which will do the job.

Kind regards for all the help

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back