Kampa Motor Rally 260L AIR Pro Inflatable Fixed Motorhome Awning

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by scotjimland, Oct 28, 2015.

1. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  2. robnchris

robnchris Funster

We don`t have one but during our travels this summer we have spoken to at least half a dozen people that had them and everyone expressed their delight at buying one, easy to erect, excellent stability in high winds and excellent build quality.
    We would buy one in a heartbeat but they just won`t fit our motorhome.
    Auto trail and their grand design team managed to line up windows, outside lockers and habitation doors with the wind out awning ends.

• Like Like x 4
  3. scotjimland

thanks.. confirms what I thought ..

4. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Had a good look at one Jim very suprised at the stiffness of the blow up suports.
    they were very firm and stable.
    Reminicent of a proper good blow up outboard dingy, not the expected swimming pool lilo:D so not flimsey at all in my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  5. scotjimland

cheers Geo..

6. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

We bought a unit at Lincoln after having a really good look at the Scotties one
    We put it up straight away to make sure everything was in the bag and it all worked ok.

Very impressed with the whole thing. It went up easily and was very well made.
    We bought the bigger one ( biggest ? ) that has three bays as it is to replace our full Thule safari room.

If I had to say anything negative about it, I would say that storage is problem as it is bloody big compared to the safari room

• Like Like x 1
  7. scotjimland

thanks John..

the two bay fits our van perfect.. the longer one would cover the garage door..

have now bitten the bullet and ordered one .. will give a review in due course :)

8. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

I sold the xl one on ebay (although I still have it as the winner never contacted me) and bought the L version. Used it last week.
    The air pro is the one to go with as it is thicker stronger material.
    As stated above. . It's a big bag and you will need storage space.
    It comes with a manual pump (easy to use).. all required pegs .. curtains and a draught skirt.
    Would certainly suggest laying a groundsheet out at first whilst you get your bearings with it.. the instructions are great but here's the main points for us.
    It fixes to the wind out awning ... wind the awning out a bit so you can reach it. I would suggest maybe putting the legs down to help take the initial strain as you slide it on. (Remember the inflatable tubes go on the inside! )
    Once on you can wind the awning back in and continue with the instructions to pump it up... it's very easy and quick. Once it's obviously filling up you give it a little pull to prompt it to pop out... and it does. You continue pumping until it stops. . You can't over fill with the pump.
    Once it's up you just peg it out and use the guy lines too... make sure you pull it close under the van to minimise or remove the gap.
    I reckon once it's slid on the awning rail it takes between 4-6 mins to pump it up and after that it's just a matter of pegging it out.
    We also bought the rug for it. It's a good fit and good underfoot.

Once up it looks great. It's suprisingly solid and a great addition to our van.
    A nice touch is the inner rail system beside the van that allows you to slide a hangar and 'tidy' made by Kampa onto them.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Kim H

Kim H Funster Life Member

We bought the 260L at the Lincoln Show and also tried it straight away to make sure that it fit and also that everything worked ok. We're impressed with the quality and the ease at which it went up and came down. We were advised to use a brush or something to support the wind out awning as we were attaching the air pro and winding it back in as it is quite heavy. The only negative was that there were no instructions with ours!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Baggers53

Baggers53 Funster

We looked at them at the NEC show....then bought one off ebay....2015 model, new from a shop....£445.00 plus p&p....We took it out of the bag, inflated it, pegged it out and it looked great. Took it down and back in bag all in 35 mins...which we thought was pretty good for the first time.....Looking forward to our next outing to use our new addition.

• Like Like x 2
  11. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

As above really. I bought a 390 XL used on eBay and very pleased with it indeed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. scotjimland

excellent price.. I paid £ 499

with free p&p :LOL:

13. RowleyBirkinQC

RowleyBirkinQC Funster

We bought the Motor Rally Air Pro 260 L at the NEC show at the start of the year for our little AT Tracker. Can't add much to the feedback already given, they're easy to put up, but do read the destructions first and peg out the webbing straps as directed (position under van). We have the rear poles but can't really use them due to window position (not that we've really tried though). The supplied pump will not allow over inflation. Once up they are very stable, we use ours as a wet dog refuge!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  14. DuxDeluxe

On a similar note, I purchased an electric pump - not the Kampa one but a French one that you can select the cut out point (11 psi, I think).

It is very hard pumping up an air awning when you only have webbed feet and wings..........

......no, I'm lazy. The manual pump is pretty good

• Like Like x 1
  15. scotjimland

Since my last post the courier delivered the awning..

really impressed with the quality.. it is top notch.. and extreme well made..

putting up was easy peasy.. less than 10mins from removing from bag.. not pegged out yet .. so say another 1o mins tops..

It's quite bulky, but no so heavy and it stores in an inside locker under the bench seat..

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  16. DuxDeluxe

Pleased that you like it, Jim. We found out that the pegging out squarely was vital to get it looking right when up. Self evident, really, but it wasn't to us!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Daveo2006

Daveo2006 Read Only Funster

Ive been so tempted to buy the 260 as i think it would be great to slip dirty shoes / clothes off etc. The longest we have ever stayed in one place is 2 days and thats what keeps putting me off. They do look a great bit of kit though.

After measuring i reckon it would fit from side of kitchenette /dinette window with the awning light just creeping in on the other side , Apache 700.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  18. scotjimland

Understand what you mean.. but it's so quick and easy to put up and take down.. would be worth that little bit of effort.. wouldn't hesitate using just for a weekend..

19. scotjimland

indeed.. I was a bit lazy.. and it looked like rain was on the way..

very impressed with the material , it's 300 denier .. the Vango inflatable pole drive-away we looked at in Camping and General was only 150 denier ripstop.. this is a different class.

.. can't wait to try it out properly..

• Like Like x 1
  20. Daveo2006

Daveo2006 Read Only Funster

I dont suppose you took a picture of the awning and all the gabbing in the bag Jim ?