kampa air pro awning 2015 (1 Viewer)

Apr 28, 2008
rayleigh, essex.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I dont know if anyone else has had problems with this awning with it not actually fitting the van, if you have a wind out awning Fiamma in my case on a hymer a class when it is slid into the slot on the wind out you cant wind the awning back in unless you physically lift the wind out up whilst standing on steps inside the awning and get someone to wind the awning back in.
The other more important thing is that the sides of the kampa awning do not reach the side of the van also the air tubes are about 4" short of the van sides kampa have bought out a mod to fix this i think (chargeable of course).
I wondered how you would stand if you returned the awning for a refund or get kampa to replace it with the 2016 model if this one has been modified to put right the faults in our one.

Oct 28, 2011
west midlands
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
new
We had the same problem almost, i.e. the air beams are short of fitting close to the side of the van. (Ours is a Swift Bolero, so not an uncommon one) We bought a 2015 model Kampa Motor Rally Air Pro from NEC show last year, and although we can wind the Fiamma back in, we can't get a close fit because of the protruding Fiamma case. We contacted Kampa, both by email and Facebook, no response, so went to the show again in October and got one of their reps. We told him about the fitting problem and he said they would look into it. When we went again to the show in February this year, we again asked the Kampa rep and he told us that there is a mod for it now, more material to go around the back poles and filler pieces to make up the gap between the air beams and the van. He also gave us his email address. We again contacted Kampa when we got home and asked if they would consider either replacing the awning as it did not fit or altering our awning foc, but only got a standard reply about the mods in the pipeline ! Since then we have fitted some aluminium awning channel to the underside of the casing of the Fiamma, being careful where you fix through. We used pop rivets, taking off the excess on the rivets where necessary to make sure the blind part would still roll out without damage, It now works a treat, no more winding in and out of the Fiamma and the awning fits snugly against the van as it should. Hope this helps.

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
We just had this problem with a 2017 Kampa air pro awning, we ended up fitting it in j rail which fortunately was fitted on van.
Ours also would snap shut into awning casing? Surely Kampa wouldn't of made material so heavy that awnings won't go back into caseings would they?
Or is our awning casing damaged?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
@SHARON JOHN We have one of these and we do love it.
But there are issues with fixing it to the awning. .esp if it sits proud of the side of the van.
The gap along the side has been dealt with by a rail in a good thread by @scotjimland
It's not a perfect solution.. but it is a solution.
As for threading it onto an awning. ..we now don't wind the awning out but have a small ladder and thread it on while it's retracted... comes off easy too.
My understanding is that Kampa do an upright pole set for these but no real good solution.
In our case we get it almost to the side of the van but as we don't really use it as living space but as storage and dog space it's no issue to us and certainly the convenience of it outweighs that fitting drawback .
Having said that .. Kampa are a bit out of order releasing a caravan awning for motorhomes that it was never going to fit snugly.

When we used to wind our awning out.. as we wound it in with the awning attached we would assist it with an upside down brush to take some if it's weight. Worked well enough.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back