Just wanted to drop by and say Goodbye !

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Madmark62, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Madmark62

Madmark62 Read Only Funster

We have sold our motorhome and bought a caravan.
    We had an old Winnebago LeSharo(1985) and enjoyed using it, but we found that the majority of Motorhomers are rather snobby and too far up themselves. I have met a few Funsters and I can say that none of these people fall into the former category, but when we have been staying on some sites we have had some really bitchy comments. Apparently we should move the van away from the new vans as ours was a little bit tatty and didnt give a good impression and we did not fit in with the overall " motorhome look". Ok I aint a rich man, but my money is as good as anyone elses !

So we have sold up and gone tugging, again we have not got a new van , this time its a 1995 van, but so far no-one has made fun or made any snotty comments about it or us.

If we see anyone from on here I am certain we will have a cuppa ready for you , if you dare to be seen in our Elddis caravan !!

Thanks for all the help and advice I have been given on here.

Mark and Evelyn

• Like Like x 5
  2. Spenders

Spenders

Oh.....

Blimey...... sorry to see you go... I'd have loved to have a look round your van... I love checking out older more unusual MH's.

My MH is newer than some but not as new as others.. the people who have made you feel uncomfortable should be ashamed of themselves and their views are certainly not representative of motorhomers in general and certainly not Funsters.

I've proudly got my Funster stickers in my MH... if you see me on a site you'll be welcome to call and we can have a cuppa and a natter.

Simon
    :thumb:

• Like Like x 9
  3. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

sorry to hear of your bad experiences.

We owned two old motorhomes prior to our last purchase.

Our first fun meet we attended we had the oldest van. We were made to feel very welcome and didnt encounter any snobbery. Not even with east end accents

Just because you have changed to a caravan there is nothing stopping you coming to a fun meet and staying a member if you want to.

The only snobbery we experienced was on either the caravan or camping and caravan site where it was quite obvious that vehicles were parked according to prestige with the newest in the prime spots and the older ones like ours tucked out of the way. Having paid full price for the site. We were not being stuck in the corner, kicked up a stink and got moved.

We never joined the particular club because if that was their attitude we werent prepared to give them the time of day let alone our money.

Hope you dont mind me suggesting you get a tracker put in your caravan there are some cheap ones about. So many go missing with some thieves brazen enough to drive straight onto a site hitch up and abscond.

Wishing you both all the best and whatever you do, have fun

• Like Like x 3
  4. lugnutt

lugnutt Funster Life Member

best of luck with your new caravan you can still be a funster and i for one will come and have a drink with you both .sorry you feel this way it's not what we as funsters wont for anyone to think mines better than yours ect tell em to mind there own business

• Like Like x 1
  5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

We've always said that what matters is your attitude, not what you sleep in. I thought it was great, at Malvern recently, to see so many older vans still in use and in good condition.

Hope all goes well with your caravan and, as others have said, it doesn't stop you being a Funster if you want to be.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Sorry to see you go guys, but remember once a Funster always a Funster. If you happen to come across any of us on your travels, do come over and have a chat, I am sure you will be made most welcome.

Safe travels

Brisey.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jim

Jim Ringleader

From the very beginning MotorhomeFun has always been more about the people rather than what they drive. Our first ever meet had the usual mix of new and very old European motorhomes, a couple of 40ft RV's well as a caravan and a trailer tent.

If you want to meet with us at any rally, then please do. Plenty of people, move from motorhomes back to caravans, sometimes that makes good sense. but rather than lose friends they have made here, they continue to rally with us in caravans. No one bats an eyelid.

Enjoy the new van, hopefully we'll see you around :thumb:

• Like Like x 10
  8. Peter & Elaine

Peter & Elaine Funster

Why go stay in group for some friendly fun :thumb:
    Elaine and I dont care what people drive tug or tent in
    Its company that counts and quality of conversation
    I hate stuck up gits and have been known to tell em to p11111ssssss off

• Like Like x 4
  9. enery8

enery8 Funster

I am not sure you won't find the same on caravan sites :Angry:. Don't leave the forum and don't stop coming to funster meets :BigGrin:. We are tuggers and we are enjoying our caravan for the first time in years since joining MHF :Cool::Cool:. You will get a few comments from other members but they are mainly relative newbie motorhomers anyway :Angry:. We are hoping to change to a MH but like you we are not well off so have to sell the caravan and range rover to buy:Wink:. If you see us at a meet come and say hello:thumb:.

10. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

:Eeek:
    :Eeek::Eeek: I am disgusted to read the above :Eeek::Eeek:

Lots of tuggers still join us funsters so please. Keep in touch and join in at our meets

You can park next to me I love to have my RV. Look soo big next to a 12 foot caravan

( only joking:Rofl1::Rofl1:)

Enjoy caravanning. Hope you do join us some time

Yours Ian

11. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

I am not a rich man either
    My RV is 15 years old not a £90,000+ motor home

It's not about what you have got. It's more who you are and that you enjoy our joint interest in getting about and meeting up

This club is the best cos we are all in it :thumb:

12. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

If they go back to a tent they can pitch under ricks awning. Well it is 27 feet long
    And he's a down to earth guy
    :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

>>> runs for cover before the naughty step comes out again :cry:

13. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

I am genuinely shocked to hear about such snobby comments.

Some people are bloody awful.

Enjoy your caravan:thumb:

14. Allanm

Allanm Funster

Shame to see you go, but enjoy your tugging. You're still enjoying the great outdoors and holding traffic up!
    I don't know why people are snobby with newer vans, certainly never came across that in our old ones, in fact some of the most interesting people I have met have been in converted ambulances, buses and vans with ban the bomb signs all over them. And I always really liked the Le Sharo. Great looking vans with the pull out toilet compartment.
    We'll look out for you and if we see you, even park our new van next to you....
    Allan

15. joner8888

joner8888 Read Only Funster

If you see a MH with a smiley decal on , I bet they won`t snobs.:thumb:

I noticed a bit of snobbery when in France.

Pulled on site opposite a U/K Motorhome ( new one)

The owners really struggled to say hello or morning to me---

Next day another new U/K- MH pulled up next to me ,there was a sparkling conversation soon running between the x2 owners.

I don`t mind being left out in my 16 year old van:cry:

I like looking at older MH`s , the styles they had were more distinctive than the same old bland MH`s of today, the only way to tell them apart is the decal styles.

16. Wissel

Wissel Read Only Funster

I was quite shocked when I read your OP last night.

I didn't reply then as I'm new to this forum and wanted to see what other members wrote first.

It's bad you've been made to feel this way and I hope it wasn't your main reason for changing vehicles. As you say though, you have found members here to be great so seems a shame to leave here just because of a vehicle change?

I guess I was shocked because I've had brand new vans, old A class vans and then a few years ago I lost everything I owned apart from my very old and battered works van so cut a window in the side and fixed a bed in that to use. I can honestly say I can't remember a single time I've been treated any differently in any of the vehicles. Actually I did experience a little snobbery once from a camp-site owner, but never another camper.

I'm not sure if I've been lucky or you've been unlucky?

I guess you get ar**h**** in every walk of life though.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the new caravan :BigGrin:

17. att

att Read Only Funster

I have never in my life given any thought to what others may think of me....Genuine, my missus would tell you:Laughing:

I have an old MH and love being put in the corner away from others, you get more land with a corner and the dog loves it.....Plus I don`t really mix well with other normal people, I speak my mind and often people can`t handle the truth:thumb: I do love to see their reactions though:Rofl1:

So do what yer like and to Hell with every other bugger:Cool:

• Like Like x 7
  18. buttons

buttons Funster

We are all categorised in everything we do or say so why the surprise that it also happens in motorhomes.
    Many, probably the motorhomers that you refer to have re-mortgaged their council house over a forty year term to live a life of pretence while they are away in their gin palace. It's probably their only opportunity to feel superior to you. I have come across many pretenders in motorhomes. Fur coats but no knickers. Not sure why you let this nonsense bother you.:Laughing:

• Like Like x 8
  19. chrisboyo

chrisboyo Funster

You can park next to me anytime:thumb:

This is funsterland, no snobs here, and if there were they would soon be told to sling there hook

Don,t leave, I think I can speak for just about all of of the funsters we have met. We will always be happy to see you and your caravan at funster meets and see you on the forums.
    As an ex caravan club member I know were you are coming from,
    and I would be an ex funster if I spotted any sign of snobbiness here

Happy Daze and see you on the field
    Chrisboyo N Liz

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mel

Mel Funster

Its like life

Some people talk some dont.

On a aire in France there where three Concorde motorhomes they did not speak to anyone apart from there friends.

Does that tell us all Concorde owners look down on the rest NO it tells us we are all different.

But I understand the OP there is another forum that has that view {you are judged on your bank balance via your Motorhome.

Anyway beter to be ignored in an old van than not have any motorhome.

We are all richer for our travels in what ever form it takes.

Enjoy your caravan but I feel you will be back.

For me I would struggle to go back to a caravan and lose the fredom of a MH.

Best of luck

Mel