LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
I would not have been happy at all!

One to remember thanks for sharing. I don't understand why he even attempted that? What was his passenger doing? What a pair of nutters regardless of nationality. Well done for keeping calm.

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Last week, getting some fuel in central France. I was just filling up when I heard a thump. The thump in question was caused by a Belgian motorhome squeezing up the side of my MH to refuel. The thump was my mirror being pushed back as there was insufficient space for them to come any further forward.
I finished filling and went to the caisse to pay and when I came back SWMBO took some pictures.
The laugh was rather on the other motorhome as they were so close to ours and the pumps on the other side that they couldn't open any of their doors. Eventually I pulled forward very carefully and we got out with no damage. View attachment 116231 View attachment 116232 View attachment 116231
You're an absolute star for taking it like you did, hope if I ever do anything barking, it's you.

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
A few years ago in Thirsk an elderly English lady couldn't do her hill start so rolled gently against my cars front bumper while she located 1st and went. She waved. I was peeing myself laughing

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
I doubt his nationality has anything to do with his poor driving, he is just one individual. There are bad drivers everywhere, Belgium, France UK, you name it. To vilify a whole nation on this one incident is ridiculous as is the suggestion that as a nation they lack common courtesy. I have found Belgian people friendly and polite as are most people wherever they come from. I find that if I treat people with respect they return the favour.

You could say his driving was quite good. After all, not much room to spare and no damage :)

No really. What an inconsiderate tosser.

Mike

Reactions: kcy

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
A few years ago in Thirsk an elderly English lady couldn't do her hill start so rolled gently against my cars front bumper while she located 1st and went. She waved. I was peeing myself laughing
Similar circumstances when a dude used my back end to stop rolling fwd when he wanted to reverse UP the hill. Let's just say my tow bar fared better than his plastic bumper. :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 7, 2013
Middlesex
Funster No
MH
VWT5
Exp
I'm a newbie
As he was stuck there like a lemon I think I'd have taken a long time to get my self sorted before driving off.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
I've been to Belgium a number of times and I kept hearing the phrase Walloons. I always wondered what it was. Now I know!:rolleyes:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
But he got it in. As some one said. I would have gone for a cuper

Ricardoe

Free Member
Apr 11, 2016
West midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer544
Exp
Just started
Strange how this is turning into an anti-Belgium tread. I don't think that his nationality has anything to do with him being an idiotic driver or has it?
Course not..but europeans are different to us though,we had a french van park 4ft from us in an almost empty(3)aire.The day before I spent half an hour helping a dutch bloke find a puncture,rolling his wheel round the aire,spraying it with water,then after-without even including me in his will or even offering me his eldest daughter,he pissed off without saying a dicky bird!

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Course not..but europeans are different to us though,we had a french van park 4ft from us in an almost empty(3)aire.The day before I spent half an hour helping a dutch bloke find a puncture,rolling his wheel round the aire,spraying it with water,then after-without even including me in his will or even offering me his eldest daughter,he pissed off without saying a dicky bird!

Just for the sake of balance. We were on an aire last year when a Dutch couple arrived and parked next to us, they needed electricity but there were no points available all being in use. I got out my splitter and showed the Dutch chap he could connect with it by sharing the socket I was connected to. When they left after two days, they came and knocked on our door to present us with a miniature blue and white china windmill and a miniature pair of blue and white china clogs on a keyring as well as two large bars of Dutch chocolate. When we said we appreciated the nice gesture they explained that they keep a supply of these little trinkets to hand out people they meet on their trips. Great people, I thought.

megsdad

Free Member
Aug 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
auto cruise
Exp
1 month
I wouldn,t have dared try to get in there.lucky those mirrors didn,t do damage

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Sounds the perfect time to go for coffee or get in the back for a brew! :)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Good old Brits!

Displaying the usual (for many but not all) anti foreigner, we are better, tendencies.

JJ :cool:
I think in general British drivers are a lot better than many Johnny Foreigners. I think partly it's down to a lack of a history of driving culture in many of these countries. Let's be honest before places like Portugal joined the EU the family transport was often a donkey and cart. Surprisingly even super rich Norway was one of the poorest countries in Europe before they struck oil and car ownership was very low. The roads there (and in Portugal and Eastern europe) were simply not built for large and numerous vehicles. Couple that with the 'me first' and 'what is queuing' attitude of many Johnny Foreigners and lax enforcement of driving standards plus driving licences out of cornflake packets and there you have a culture for bad driving.
Most johnny foreigners in my recent experience have no idea what the stalky thing coming out of the steering column is and what it is used for, same with their mirrors.

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Incredible. I would have:
1. Panicked
2. Swore (a few times)
3. Had a word!

Well done for keeping your cool.
John

Ricardoe

Free Member
Apr 11, 2016
West midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer544
Exp
Just started
I think in general British drivers are a lot better than many Johnny Foreigners. I think partly it's down to a lack of a history of driving culture in many of these countries. Let's be honest before places like Portugal joined the EU the family transport was often a donkey and cart. Surprisingly even super rich Norway was one of the poorest countries in Europe before they struck oil and car ownership was very low. The roads there (and in Portugal and Eastern europe) were simply not built for large and numerous vehicles. Couple that with the 'me first' and 'what is queuing' attitude of many Johnny Foreigners and lax enforcement of driving standards plus driving licences out of cornflake packets and there you have a culture for bad driving.
Most johnny foreigners in my recent experience have no idea what the stalky thing coming out of the steering column is and what it is used for, same with their mirrors.
Yeh..dont know wether i agree..after driving round birmingham this morning i reckon people signalling is actually in the minority,as opposed to not bothering.When we came back from france this time(and maybe i'm getting old) but found everybody here so impatient and aggressive..they may not be great drivers over the chanel,but at least they're not trying to kill you if you make them wait 2 secs.

megsdad

Free Member
Aug 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
auto cruise
Exp
1 month
Had them coming at me on the wrong side more than once inFrance.yes I was on the right

Costa Warrior

Free Member
Apr 15, 2012
Estepona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I could be wrong, but I believe the fuel filler on the Transit is on the left hand side which makes the driver even more of a TWAT !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back