Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I would really like to say a huge 'Thanks' to Dave Newell, and his lovely wife, for the fantastic job on our old Hymer, and also the 100% customer service both Ali and myself received yesterday. Hymer was a little 'ill', following the collapse of the offside rear air suspension bag last year. After a fruitless search, (The original bags had been fitted in Germany many years ago), I contacted Dave at his Telford base, through his *FUN* advert I explained that the rear leaf springs were now 'inverted', and that I was very worried about just what to do. Dave explained that new Dunlop air bags would sort the spring problem, as the springs weren't broken, and so I booked the truck in with him for this Wednesday. Everything was taken care of, and they even booked us into the Severn Gorge Caravan Park across the road from his workshop. Dropped the Hymer off, and we got complementary tickets for the nearby Blist's Hill Victorian Village Museum, which we both visited whilst Dave got on with the job. Three hours later, we received a text saying all was ready, and even though Dave had carried out more work then was at first asked for, he stuck to his very reasonable first quote. What can one say??? In these days of uncertainty, we found someone who is 100% the tradesman.
(Did get a rollocking for dodgy tyre pressure levels, but hey, it was deserved)! :winky:
And so, the drive back up North was fantastic. No more rolling on tight roundabouts and bends, much better steering control, and even the brisk wind we found was shrugged off by our 22 year old Hymer.
Thanks again To you both Dave, for a most pleasant experience!! :thumb::thumb:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, he's good isn't he. He put Cruise Control and a rear camera on our m/h and both jobs done expertly and efficiently.:thumb:

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Fixed our rear view camera no probs when the person that installed it wasn't answering my calls. Would recommend Dave any time. :Smile:

M

Madwife

Deleted User
I asked Dave for his advice when we were at Lincoln about our fridge thermostat as it was always on full. He told us where to get the parts and how to fit them as it was the external regulator dial that was spinning around and not catching. His advice made the job a very simple and quick task and solved the problem, all without having to take the MH to a dealers to get fixed. We would have no hesitation in getting work done at his place and know it would be done to a very high standard and reasonable cost.

Kath and Howie

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Thank you all for your kind words, we aim to please and try very hard to be as professional as possible. Just keep an eye on those tyre pressures Tootles::bigsmile:, better still get some of Jim's flashy valve cap thingys:thumb:.

D.

OP
OP
Tootles

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Just in case he forgets may I point you to Jim's Shop top right? :roflmto:

It seems that Jim's shop is the cool place to be, miss.........:roflmto:

Graham, you would make a great sales-assistant. Maybe in Mothercare???::bigsmile::winky:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back