Just to say Hello (1 Viewer)

Cupcake

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
Exp
since July 2009
Thought I'd better introduce myself so here goes. I'm Deborah & we have had our motorhome for about 9 months it's an Eldiss Autocirrus. We changed to the motorhome after about 11 years of caravanning, the van finally gave up so it was a big decision to change to a motorhome. Husband loves the motorhome but hate to admit to all you motorhome peeps that I've struggled with the change! Has this happened to anyone else? We live in Norfolk so plenty of lovely places to get away pity we have to work Mon-Fri! Happy motor homing to you all & might see some of you on our w/ends out & about...:Smile:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Welcome to MH Fun flyingwelcome

Hope you soon get used to motorhome, know how you feel as we are former tuggers but would not go back now.

Just enjoy your trips.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
:welcomefunster: loads of folk to help you on here any questions ask away !:Smile: :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, welcome to Motorhome Fun :thumb: We live on the Suffolk / Norfolk border. We had a caravan years ago, prefer the motorhome.:Smile: Bob and Jane.flyingwelcome:beer:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Welcome to Fun.

We had a caravan many moons ago, then went to trailer tent, then to tenting.

But now to motorhoming for the last 2.5 years, absolutely love it. You'll probably find the hardest thing is not having secondary transport to go out and about, most people have cycles or a scooter, and some carry a car on a trailer.

Whatever you do just give it some time and I am sure you will get used to it.

Pat

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Hi Cupcake :welcome:we have been homers for just over a year l think it does take a little time to adjust. Good luck and above all enjoy.:Smile:
JohnM.

OP
OP
C

Cupcake

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
Exp
since July 2009
Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure I'll adjust to the m/home soon, it is feeling more homely ever time we go out, suppose it's a bit like moving house takes time to 'settle in!'. And it's got to be lots better than the poor people stuck at airports or hotels all over the world at the moment at least I can always get home!! We have friends stuck in China & Turkey!

Jaygee32

Free Member
Oct 9, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 1976
introduce yourself

Welcome Cupcake. I'm fairly new to "Fun" and worry that I might write something in the wrong place. So I usually just have a read!:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TinaGlenn

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Near King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
Hi Deborah,

You will soon get used to the differences between your old caravan and your motorhome, it's just a case of getting used to doing some things a little diferently. We have been motorhomers for about 10 years now and love it. It's so easy to be spontanious and just take off when the weather is nice or when you want to go visit somewhere just out of your usual day out range knowing you can eat and rest and sleep in comfort anywhere you are.

I agree about Norfolk, that's why we moved back last year :thumb:

Tina

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hiya and welcome to fun

Have a look at the summer meet at Waldegraves there are one or two spaces left - if you are interested give them a call and say you are with motorhome fun xxxx

Its not too late to join us all at the Stratford upon Avon show either have a look in the rallies and meets section

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back