Just Starting Our Greatest Adventure. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
View from bar

Attachments

• 20151116_172611.jpg
    20151116_172611.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 74

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Wow looks lovely there will make a note of that site thanks . Loving your updates xxx we are out and about at min intermitten internet but look forward to your posts x Kate

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Wow looks lovely there will make a note of that site thanks . Loving your updates xxx we are out and about at min intermitten internet but look forward to your posts x Kate
Thanks. I like to spread my happiness and is most welcome when folk enjoy my tales :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Anyway, having a nice quiet day on this fantastic site. No noise at all and everybody so friendly.
We are carrying 6 big boxes in the camper, but last night we put 3 outside which freed up a lot of space

Just booked ferry for next Tuesday and looking forward to Thursday and Friday on track at Cartagena

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
After yesterday's relaxing trip out on the Le Manga peninsula, today's hooning round track was the exact opposite.

Le Manga was a let down. Just loads of hotels on 11mile strip.

Great fun on Cartagena track

Day was cut short at 4:00 when ambulance had to take a casualty to hospital with suspected broken leg.

Just meant I cracked a cold one a bit earlier ;D

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
After yesterday's relaxing trip out on the Le Manga peninsula, today's hooning round track was the exact opposite.

Le Manga was a let down. Just loads of hotels on 11mile strip.

Great fun on Cartagena track

Day was cut short at 4:00 when ambulance had to take a casualty to hospital with suspected broken leg.

Just meant I cracked a cold one a bit earlier ;D[/QUOTE

Hope you enjoyed ya cold one ;)

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
hope you enjoyed your cold one
Yup, was very nice.

Had another great day on track, getting a bit quicker each session.

Finished at 5.00 then set off to get some miles in. Managed over 100 stopped for tea. Heading to Gibraltar Times to see a mate. Pen's never been.

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Had a quick trip round Gibraltar then a couple of beers overlooking a nice bay.

Then a nice meal and more beers with a pal who lives here in the evening.

Gib is a lot nicer and cleaner than when I last came in 1992, but still far too busy and crowded for us.
But he loves it here, so that's what counts.

And it's UK prices :(

Heading up to the camp by Cadiz in a bit

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Drive safely and enjoy the next stage of your journey.

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
We got off the ferry last night at 12:15 and were in the pub by 12:45 :)

It was great to be back and we may have celebrated a bit too much LOL

Finally got out at 3:00 ;)

Poorly heads today didn't help when we had to move all our stuff into the new apartment ;)

It's a beauty and just been completely renovated. Lovely balcony with sea views :)

Now the dream really does start :)

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Well, been here a week now and settled in nicely. We brought 6 big boxes in the camper and also brought some in the summer and left them at me dad's. All unpacked and the apartment feels nice and homely now :)

There's a nice seaview from the large balcony and there's an underground communal car park where the bike and trailer are nice and safe. And behind us, there's nothing for miles. Just natural beauty and volcanoes to look at :)

The apartment has a little utility room and the landlord says I can put up shelves for me tools and stuff :)

Funnily, I don't feel like a tourist this time. Just chilling and enjoying the sunshine and lifestyle :)

Unfortunately Pen's had to go home for a while as her dad took ill, but he's getting better and she'll be back out soon. Elvis is missing her ;)

And it's a nice 24c today :)

And it's beer O'clock ;)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
I've added pics in previous post ^^^^^^
thankyou for sharing lovely pics will show the Amanda friday will have more time to sit and show her them ,she loves looking at pics. we have been out with my mom today xmas shopping tomorrow we are out with all my moms friends we are having a christmas meal at lunch time then another meal on the night with one of Amanda's disabled helping hands group . xxx lovely to see you both enjoying and following and living your dream xxx Kate Bill & Amanda x

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
thankyou for sharing lovely pics will show the Amanda friday will have more time to sit and show her them ,she loves looking at pics. we have been out with my mom today xmas shopping tomorrow we are out with all my moms friends we are having a christmas meal at lunch time then another meal on the night with one of Amanda's disabled helping hands group . xxx lovely to see you both enjoying and following and living your dream xxx Kate Bill & Amanda x
Really hope Amanda likes them :)

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
We'd planned to come over here for the last 5 years, but SWMBO decided it was best to live here 6 months to decide if it was what we really wanted.

Well, just dropped her at airport to fly to UK for Xmas with her family. On the way she said we can start looking for a Jeep when she gets back. I asked about the 6 months wait and she summat like "Sod that, I can't imagine not being here"

Woo hoo. So now we can get the Jeep, dirt bikes and a RIB Broken Link Removed

And I'm gonna arrange a viewing on this beauty Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Beers on me Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back