Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Just taken the wheel covers off for the first time since before Christmas.. taken down the screen cover.. taken the RV off SWORN.. tomorrow the RV gets it wash and first of it's cleans. I hope to run it down the bypass and to the fuel station and top of the tank and also top of the LPG... winter is starting to end for the RV... Looking forward to having a drive off it after the storage period.

All I need now is some nice weather... looking forward to the shows and heading in to France again a few times this year.

Bob:thumb:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Good news Bob, still think your mad not using it, but each to there own:thumb:

Question, you had it on SORN, had you cancelled the insurance???

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I hope not, its only the road risk section that is not being used the fire and theft is still needed even parked up
Risky business having no cover at all:Eeek:
But I suspect "Bob" fountain of all things small print knows that:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
you are right Geo

I hope not, its only the road risk section that is not being used the fire and theft is still needed even parked up
Risky business having no cover at all:Eeek:
But I suspect "Bob" fountain of all things small print knows that:thumb:

You are right Geo... the RV is on full insurance all the time.. I just sworn it off road for two months.. only took it to get fuel in December (one trip) and have not used it in January or February.. it now legal to go back on the road tomorrow.

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
New Season

We picked ours up yesterday. It has not seen any daylight since November. A check over, new tax, as has been Sorned for three months and away to the coast for a couple of hours.

Tonight giving the new Cobb a try out in the Conservatory. Nice to see Dodgy waking up for springtime:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Griffs

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
So you got it at last (Cobb)

We picked ours up yesterday. It has not seen any daylight since November. A check over, new tax, as has been Sorned for three months and away to the coast for a couple of hours.

Tonight giving the new Cobb a try out in the Conservatory. Nice to see Dodgy waking up for springtime:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Griffs

I can see duel Cobbs at work at Newbury this year... takes a little bit of getting use to, but once you start to use them they are great.

Have had to re-arrange my Russian van cleaner.. rain due tomorrow morning in Kent.. should clear by lunch time, so he is starting at 13.00 hrs.. may have leave my run out to get fuel and log until Sunday morning.. really looking forward to it.

Bob:Blush:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Bob, others, you might want to check the legals on insured vehicles and tax?

I may have misunderstood, but quietly last year new rules were introduced, if it's insured it must be taxed, period.

Fines and possibility of confiscation/crushing......

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
yes it should but I do swear when I have to do it

SWORN ? Should that not be SORN...

Yes you are right.. but I swear when I have to do it... OK getting it SORN.. it is the mucking about putting it back on the road.. cannot do it until the actual day or the 1st of the month... cannot do it say on the 26th for it to come in force on the 1st.. no you have to leave it to the actual day.. given they time the application to the second, I would have thought they could sort it out.. so I will swear even more.

Bob

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
No Si - wrong

Bob, others, you might want to check the legals on insured vehicles and tax?

I may have misunderstood, but quietly last year new rules were introduced, if it's insured it must be taxed, period.

Fines and possibility of confiscation/crushing......

The vehicle has to be insured even off road unless it is SORN.. if on road it has to have a valid RFL and insurance.

It may be an insurance companies policy re the RFL, but it is not in my policy and I know of no rule change that says you have to have RFL on private land.. would make the SORN a waste of time.

Also of no interest but to a few (I will post separately) Scooters are to stay the same according to Norman Baker m.p. following a review .. some changes to class III may be in the future but everything stays the same for now.

Rain? what rain.. weather man says 9 a.m.... so up early get the trailer moved, all the cleaning gear ready, the frame to go up the side of the RV so my little Russian man can do his job at 1 p.m. when the rain should have cleared... he I am at 10 a.m. and the rain has not arrived... bloody weather forecasters.

Bob

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
is that yet another AKA I wonder

Smart arse......:ROFLMAO:

Si, is that another AKA to add to my long list I wonder?

... the RV has had it's wash and brush up and very smart it looks. Still some more work to be done, but tomorrow will take it to top of the fuel tank while I can afford to put petrol in it and top of the LPG... Plus give it a run down the road.

In side to do next and then bring the water on line etc., ready for the season.

Bob

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
hi bob , be nice to see you back on the road.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Fuelled and LPG done

hi bob , be nice to see you back on the road.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Hi Derek

The RV is now full with fuel, the LPG is topped off and it has had a good clean.. did a run to the fuel station in the next town to give it a change to wake up after the winter.. Had to get the hose out when we got back to wash al the dirt we picked up on the road (it was raining of course)..

Next weekend it is flush the water tanks and re load the water ... bleed out the system of air... start to think about loading the larder unit and then watch the calendar to the shows... Still cannot get anyone interested in the April Shepton.. do bump it every week... so may end up just going down to Eddie at VanBitz for the alarm check and see what is making the alarm trip... it looks likely it will be a down and back in one day..

First proper trip will be Peterborough for the show and on to Star Spangled Spanner for a service and MOT... then Newbury and France in June... the Rutland Water meet, Malvern and back to France and Spain for September.

Then we will be putting the Winnebago up for Sale and start to look for a sub 30' A class .. looking like Mo at a couple of new ones that are just under the £100k .. lot of dosh.. but want to get the RV that first with our needs.. (read disabled needs).

But yes Derek will be good to get back on the road again.... as it says on the side of our RV.

See you not to far down the road I am sure.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back