just joined about to purchase (1 Viewer)

mf51y

Free Member
Jul 29, 2015
hereford
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Hi newbie just about to purchase a Burstner Salano...possibly...hopefully completed all my research but one question is blue or red gas bottles and what size fit the best, i believe there is room for 2. Propane burns slightly hotter just nor sure what is the norm :)

thanks

more to come iam sure

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
We have fitted LPG tanks so this really is a question for some of the others but from memory when we had the caravan we had red tanks because they were lighter in weight so better. Not sure if this is different in motorhomes though.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
It would be worth thinking about fitting a LPG refillable bottle such as Gaslow or Autogas.
We used to use the red bottles as they work better in colder weather than the blue can't remember which is which lol I think red is propane

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello and welcome.

I would say it depends on your intended use your new van. Red gas manages much better in cold weather, blue really does not like the cold and can give up altogether. I am sure there is a much more technical explanation to the differences in the two gases, but in nutshell that is it.

OP
OP
M

mf51y

Free Member
Jul 29, 2015
hereford
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Thanks everyone...just had a thought..The first tank will be easy...fit what ever the regulator fits as a trial then go from there:)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
If you put a photo on here of your 'soon to be regulator' someone will be able to tell what gas you need to suit it. You may find that your new MoHo comes with some gas already.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back