Just increased my payload by around 60kg! (1 Viewer)

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
It might make a difference to your insurance... I've seen on here that having a tow-bar reduced the premium for one individual... my guess would be lesser risk of body damage from reversing or small rear bump perhaps!!.. although generally insurance logic defies all things normal..!! IMO.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
I thought you were going to say you'd started leaving the other half at home :D2

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
The towbar isn't mentioned on the insurance, it's an aftermarket fit so removing it won't make any difference.
The avatar is our old RV, we now have a smaller eurovan
Mrs A, 60kg? Only in her dreams......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Worth notifying your insurance that you have removed it. They are strange animals it may even reduce your insurance. I know with the Landy if I changed the wheels for after market my insurance goes up, I changed the radio from the land rover standard fitment to one with full hands free etc. There is now reduced cover on the radio if stolen. Fitted a heavy duty steel bumper with a powerful winch for self recovery. Notified the insurers and waited for the surcharge and no that's fine no charge. Its all on the insurance now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back