Just home from the fishing & shopping weekend (1 Viewer)

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Took the opportunity of bugging out a little earlier than was planned.
Now settling down to watch the remainder of the Ryder Cup on TV.

(Go Europe !!!!!! )

Many thanks to Alan and Mike for the effort they put in this weekend.
What with a waterlogged field, access roads crumbling in the rain, they did sterling work against tremendous odds.

The Friday Quiz night was excellent as was yesterdays, "A Night at the Races"

Welldone to all who contributed the food etc.

Cheers all, until we all meet again...

Peter

PS I'll post some photos as soon as i've dried out a bit.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Well the rain might have tried to beat us, but we did not submit.

Luckily Saturday was a good day.

It was great having the use of the barn for the quiz night with a twist, our poor son had to endure too many shots :ROFLMAO: Thanks Mark and Alan for that.

Saturdays fishing was a great day and Chris came second but decided not to stay for a second night in case he was made to have more shots. He said it would rather dodge the bullets in Afghanistan.:ROFLMAO: But said thanks for the kind words on Friday night.

Saturday night saw some lucky winners on the horses. I think Jan and Bob won the most on the ordinary bets. But the over right winner was Shell whose auctioned horse and bet on it won.

Thanks Mark and Alan for all you hard work in making it an entertaining and fun weekend a lot of effort was put in to make it a successful weekend.

It was great to meet up with everyone, well done.

Pat and Neil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well, really upset now Peter .... would have expected at least TWO in return.:RollEyes:

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
We had a great time even if we had to leg it early in the morning. and i managed to escape and not get stuck.. We left early as my generator went down and i wanted to get it swapped as we need it next weekend also we had some family things to do and as we were only 15mins down road it was easy for us to leg it...

But thanks for the great weekend and wel done to all the winners over the weekend.

Smudger and Martin sorry i didnt say good bye but i am sure we will see you soon again and hope you settled well Smudger where you pitch and hope you never got ask to mover again, What a knightmare that was lol. And i think with the 20mins diesel filling and 30min water filling i think you will outlast anyone on here hahaha...

Cheers all...

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Totally agree a great weekend. Mark and Co did their level best, even organising a break in the rain all day Saturday. However, as soon as we were all in the barn for the racing, down came the rain again. Funsters really do need to learn how to organise 'him up there'. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks all, and until we meet again ....... keep smiling. :thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Glad you guys had a good time, did think of you in the bad weather and would loved to of been there but as said to Mark & Sharon last week, a 14 yr old having his birthday on the same day was a no brainer.

hope no one got stuck.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi Paul

Was sorry that we didnt catch up.

We did get stuck on arrival :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
No one laughed at our predicament, honest.

It was a great weekend with lots on, and I am sure you or Nikki would have enjoyed the quiz with a twist. With forfeits for either the winner or losers, or who Alan thought needed one, shots. Yuk.

Pat

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Di no one Video you getting stuck for viewing on You Tube :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You wait unti I tell Kevin - He will Offer Neil half of the road:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Glad you all had a good time and the weather didnt get you down.

Sonja

sparky_speedy

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Funster No
Sonja

Sorry, no video of Pat n Neil getting stuck in the mud, but see two pics below, no tracter this time, only a 4x4 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks to Alan and Ann, Mark and Sharon for organising the fishing rally - look forward to next year's one.

It was great to meet up with you all again.

Deb and Paul

Attachments

• IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 22

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Thanks a lot for that Debbie and Paul, its a good job that Debs is a dab hand with the chocolate brownies/carrot cake otherwise I would have to write you off as friends.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Joking apart though we had a great time, its ony because we wanted to be next to ya. I suppose what goes around comes around.

Thank you also for lending us your beach coaster fishing rod for next weeks competition.

Pat

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
A big thanks to Alan Mark & Wifes (can't leave the wifes out can we) for what was a great weekend. As mentioned we even had a break from the rain to enjoy the fishing/shopping. The quiz night was a good twist with the shots to be drank by whomever they felt should deserve them. Sharon amazed us with her under the bed cocktail bar with a printed list of at least 14 types of cocktails. On being asked by Jan did she have the ingrediants to each and every cocktail, Sharon paused and thought for a second. She replied with...."no I havent actually, I dont have the crushed ice" ha ha!!!!

Saturday night was fun with the horseracing and we came away with slightly more than we went with due to Jan's expertise of horse racing. She either went for a nice name or if she felt the colours of the jockey was quite pretty.

Finished the day off having a lovely Sunday lunch before we set off home. A good time was had by all, especially by Max the puppy. However we may get some complaints when he did his usual Houdini act and escaped. Only to be brought back on a lead, muddy and dripping wet. Seemed like he had gone into someones van when he spotted their cats.

So once again a big thanks to all who organised the weekend. It was spot on :thumb:

Patrick & Jan

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
Hi all
im glad you really enjoyed yourselves and i hope to see you all next year. i have provisionally booked the site again for 2nd to 5th june 2011. depending on interest.

Pat4Neil what can i say I TOLD YOU SO!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

THANKS ALL !!!!!!!

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi all
im glad you really enjoyed yourselves and i hope to see you all next year. i have provisionally booked the site again for 2nd to 5th june 2011. depending on interest.

Pat4Neil what can i say I TOLD YOU SO!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

THANKS ALL !!!!!!!

No Alan I dont think you said it loud enough I couldnt hear you:ROFLMAO:

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
hi just to say a big up to mark alan and co for a great weekend
nice to catch up with freinds old, and come away with more:Smile:

mark n linda

carpyone

Free Member
Mar 28, 2008
Needingworth, Cambs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
I've just back having detoured into Norfolk.

Thans to Alan and Mark for organising the weekend,despite the fish not co-operating everything else was great. A special thanks to the tea and coffe makers and bacon butty supliers during the fishing match.

I arrived not knowing a single person at the event but have left I hope with many a new friend.

Looking forward to nexts years event.

Robert

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
A good time was had by all, especially by Max the puppy. However we may get some complaints when he did his usual Houdini act and escaped. Only to be brought back on a lead, muddy and dripping wet. Seemed like he had gone into someones van when he spotted their cats.
Yep. Our lad and our cats.

Hope you appreciated the makeshift lead? I think we'll patent the new use for a bungie. :thumb: Max was just a tad damp! :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back