Just Having a Moan abouut Sloppy Workmanship (1 Viewer)

E

Elijay

Deleted User
As something is draining the battery the Autosleeper won't start. The battery is dead so I couldn't take it for diagnosis.

I found a mobile mechanic on Yell.com and asked him to come and look at it. He was very obliging and fitted me in right away. For the time being he's disconnected the battery and will come back at the end of the week to sort it out.

He is a pleasant chap who was born and brought up in Bulgaria but now settled here. Friday is Boxing day, he says he loves his work - that's a real man thing!

As I suspected the alarm buzzer linked to the Omnistor step is draining the battery. Emil says it has been connected directly so wonder it won't hold it's charge.

When I bought the caravan secondhand from Hampshire Motorhomes I asked them to fit the step along with other extras. This company is run by a father and son. My suspicions should have been aroused at the time because during the fitting the radio had been disconnected and as there wasn't a code it was useless. I splashed out on a much better one.

And then I had problems when it came to renewing the road fund licence. I'd not got the relevant documents because they probably hadn't posted the change of ownership paperwork.

Fortunately there is a DVLA office in Portsmouth so I didn't have far to go.

When I renewed the leisure battery, I did it myself and found that they'd fitted a car battery suitable for a Renault. Guess what? I remembered that one of them drove a Renault.

Other things bothered me like not clearing up after themselves properly. I could have got Hampshire Motorhomes to sort my problems out but I really don't want them anywhere near it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Sounds like you got off lightly, shame you had to go through that, the battery being suitable for a Renault, I find surprising, how are they so different as to be recogniseable I wonder.
::bigsmile:Merry Christmas everyone::bigsmile:

Wildmanfirelogo4-1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Elijay

Deleted User
Leisure Battery

My Auto Sleeper Symbol's leisure battery is situated under the driver's seat and the space for it is very tight. It was impossible to see model number etc.

I did the job myself because I hate paying out for something I am quite capable of doing. I've done DIY all my life so I know my way round a toolbox

Autosleeper told me I needed a Numax M85 which I bought online from Tanya. Great company, good prices and fast delivery.

The old battery was a very tight fit and I had trouble removing it. I found out it was for Renault was by putting the model number into Tanya's search box.

The job took me a long time. It involved removing the driver's seat, getting the old one out and then fitting the new one. I had to ask a neighbour for help in undoing certain nuts but I got there in the end.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back