Just got our first motorhome - Ace Modena Novella -Any tips would be really appreciated (1 Viewer)

Trish

Free Member
Nov 8, 2016
Bromsgrove
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie!
We have just got our first motorhome and are now trying to familiarise ourselves with it. If anyone is on the forum with the same motorhome I have a few more questions! Where is the leisure battery usually positioned? Am also unclear about the display panel above door regarding battery and water?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
When it comes to panels any many other things a good picture or two is worth a thousand words.

Leisure battery sometimes lurk under the passenger seat, or under the floor.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

Trish

Free Member
Nov 8, 2016
Bromsgrove
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie!
Will sort a picture :) Thank you for your reply

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
The first tip that I would really recommend is to stay with this forum. You will get access to so much collective knowledge, you can pretty much guarantee to get answers you need. If you choose to attend some rallies, large or small, a whole new world will open up with lots of new friends, laughs and fun. Good luck with your new van.

Upvote 0

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I've got an Ace Modena 2004 - leisure battery is under the floor... Inspection hatch is in the floor.
Have you carpets down?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

Trish

Free Member
Nov 8, 2016
Bromsgrove
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie!
Yes have carpet on top of carpet tiles. Have found it now thanks to your reply - much appreciated. Ours is a 2004 too. Are your gas bottles the old fashioned type which require tightening the hose with a spanner?

Upvote 0

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and a warm welcome to MHF(y) exciting times ahead for you.Enjoyyyyyyyyy(y)
Brian & Jo

Upvote 0

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Welcome. We too are Mohome newbies. You've come to the right place-lots of valuable, friendly advice here. Somebody will have the answer to almost anything.
By the way, the answer to the universe is 42.
Enjoy your motor home.

Upvote 0

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Yes have carpet on top of carpet tiles. Have found it now thanks to your reply - much appreciated. Ours is a 2004 too. Are your gas bottles the old fashioned type which require tightening the hose with a spanner?
I did have - but very soon swapped it out for a GasLow system [mainly for convenience]

Thanks for your message - I've got plenty of daft questions!:D
No question is daft - though perhaps the answers may be :whistle:...
...but you will have to subscribe now to ask them ;)
Broken Link Removed

Upvote 0

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Are your gas bottles the old fashioned type which require tightening the hose with a spanner?

I think pretty much everybody uses propane gas in their vans in the UK and if the exchangeable type of cylinder (red) ie Calor or similar, then it will require a spanner to change the gas bottle. The only alternative I've seen is one of these, which you can fit that has a handwheel instead of a nut which requires a spanner:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...pane+gas+connector+pigtail+handwheel&_sacat=0

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back