Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We've just got back from Henley on Thames what a beautifull weekend the weather was fantastic and the area was stunning. Spent a day in Windsor on Sunday doing all the tourist things and called in to see Billym and family for a couple of hours on the way back just outside Henley. Great couple with 2 lovely kids made us very welcome & very good company.
On our return to the campsite there had been a mini tornado and all our neighbours were waiting for us as it had trashed the awning which we had left out as the weather was so good. It took ages to put back together but unfortunately when we did it turned out to be badly damaged so I'm going to have to find some spares for an AE roll out awning. I had to strap it together with string and cable ties and hope for the best all the way home.

The site we stayed at was Swiss Farm International which was ok but the pitch they allocated us was impossible to get on with a 3ft raised bank on three sides so no overhang possible. They eventually found us another pitch which we just managed to fit on diagonally but good facilities electric, water and black & grey dump. The road to the pitch was also very narrow with newly trimmed hedges on one side of a 90% turn so we also have some nice new scratches down one side.

All in all an eventfull, and probably expensive, but enjoyable wekend.

Cheers
Ror

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We've just got back from Henley on Thames what a beautifull weekend the weather was fantastic and the area was stunning. Spent a day in Windsor on Sunday doing all the tourist things and called in to see Billym and family for a couple of hours on the way back just outside Henley. Great couple with 2 lovely kids made us very welcome & very good company.
On our return to the campsite there had been a mini tornado and all our neighbours were waiting for us as it had trashed the awning which we had left out as the weather was so good. It took ages to put back together but unfortunately when we did it turned out to be badly damaged so I'm going to have to find some spares for an AE roll out awning. I had to strap it together with string and cable ties and hope for the best all the way home.

The site we stayed at was Swiss Farm International which was ok but the pitch they allocated us was impossible to get on with a 3ft raised bank on three sides so no overhang possible. They eventually found us another pitch which we just managed to fit on diagonally but good facilities electric, water and black & grey dump. The road to the pitch was also very narrow with newly trimmed hedges on one side of a 90% turn so we also have some nice new scratches down one side.

All in all an eventfull, and probably expensive, but enjoyable wekend.

Cheers
Ror
glad you are in pretty good spirits about it......im sorry for your troubles...glad you had a great time though...samm :Smile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I been through a jungle this afternoon getting to Jim at the Golden Lion.

Guess who didn't use the route he was told to:wub:

Glad you had a good time FB:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
glad you are in pretty good spirits about it......im sorry for your troubles...glad you had a great time though...samm :Smile:

Yeah we had a great weekend and a nice drive back via Oxford & some beautifull countryside over the Cotswolds to Glos; only cloud on the horizon Work Tomorrow
never mind only a couple of months left.
Cheers
Ror

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Yeah we had a great weekend and a nice drive back via Oxford & some beautifull countryside over the Cotswolds to Glos; only cloud on the horizon Work Tomorrow
never mind only a couple of months left.
Cheers
Ror

oh dear the W word...mind you only 4 days till the weekend!!
i cant believe you are in such great spirits...is that your motor on your signature?if it is well i would be crying still..hell id be crying for a month if it was my motor & its not a patch on yours....good on you...glad you still managed to have fun!!:Smile:

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
oh dear the W word...mind you only 4 days till the weekend!!
i cant believe you are in such great spirits...is that your motor on your signature?if it is well i would be crying still..hell id be crying for a month if it was my motor & its not a patch on yours....good on you...glad you still managed to have fun!!:Smile:

Yep thats the monster, we've had it about 9 months and love it but we are collecting a few scars along the way I think of them as notches on the bedpost that way I can keep smiling about how they got there.
Cheers
Ror

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Ror - Sorry to hear about your awning troubles :eek:

I have a few A&E bits in stock and a few more coming in, drop me a PM with what you need, if I can help you out I will.
Cheers
Linda

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Yep thats the monster, we've had it about 9 months and love it but we are collecting a few scars along the way I think of them as notches on the bedpost that way I can keep smiling about how they got there.
Cheers
Ror

hhee hhee well i suppose it keeps it interesting:roflmto:....i was a coach driver for a few years so i know where you are coming from...but my motorhome is only a wee 20ft baby...relatively easy to keep scratch free...your looks lovely...,maybe i could sell the house and tour in one of those beauties...oh dream on sammy wake up..:roflmto:

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Ror - Sorry to hear about your awning troubles :eek:

I have a few A&E bits in stock and a few more coming in, drop me a PM with what you need, if I can help you out I will.
Cheers
Linda

Thanks linda I'll probably do that witha photo of the damaged bits
Cheers
Ror

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Ror
Sorry to hear your news matey :frowny:
It seems that Linda is doing well out of awning reapirs lately, do you reckon she is nipping around and knackering our awnings???? :roflmto:
Glad you can still laugh about it, it is gut wrenching when something like that happens eh?
Chin up mate, glad you had a great weekend :roflmto:

Keith

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi Ror
It seems that Linda is doing well out of awning reapirs lately, do you reckon she is nipping around and knackering our awnings???? :roflmto:
Keith

Better watch out at the Grand Opening meet then eh?? :roflmto: :roflmto:

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Ror
Glad you can still laugh about it, it is gut wrenching when something like that happens eh?
Chin up mate, glad you had a great weekend :roflmto:

Keith

The worst bit is I saw some awning tie downs at a show a few weeks ago and was to tight to buy them mind you apparently the wind was so strong they probably would'nt have saved it.
I did the same a few years ago I bought a Ducati but would'nt pay an extra £35 for the paddock stand and Guess What yep it fell off the side stand when oiling the chain, £400 worth of damage & still had to pay £35 for the paddock stand.
My missus says I'm pound wise penny shy or I think thats what she says.
Cheers
Ror

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
The worst bit is I saw some awning tie downs at a show a few weeks ago and was to tight to buy them mind you apparently the wind was so strong they probably would'nt have saved it.
I did the same a few years ago I bought a Ducati but would'nt pay an extra £35 for the paddock stand and Guess What yep it fell off the side stand when oiling the chain, £400 worth of damage & still had to pay £35 for the paddock stand.
My missus says I'm pound wise penny shy or I think thats what she says.
Cheers
Ror

Got an awning tie down kit in stock too! :eek:

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hey Ror
Guess what?

It just went up 20% :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Keith

I don't doubt it; I have'nt stopped spending since I bought the blasted thing, at this rate I'll be back at work in less than 5 years or end up selling the house.
At least there'll be nothing left for the kids to fight over.
Cheers
Ror

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
You should have said Ror..... I give you lot 10% off ..... didn't you know???

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
No; but I do now, any chance of back dating the last 2 purchase's discount.

****Don't swear only joking****

Cheers
Ror

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Joking aside Ror, if you need bits for the awning better let me know sooner rather than later what's broke as I am shipping this week and it might be the last time for 2 or 3 months as we are not doing any more shows.

For the record A&E bits are like rocking horse manure to get hold of as Dometic, who now own them, will no longer sell to anyone who is not a big US dealer....supplies are running short. We actually called the Vice President claiming to be a main dealer for GBM and they weren't the least bit fussed.....the UK market is not worth them bothering about as the US market is so vast.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Joking aside Ror, if you need bits for the awning better let me know sooner rather than later what's broke as I am shipping this week and it might be the last time for 2 or 3 months as we are not doing any more shows.

For the record A&E bits are like rocking horse manure to get hold of as Dometic, who now own them, will no longer sell to anyone who is not a big US dealer....supplies are running short. We actually called the Vice President claiming to be a main dealer for GBM and they weren't the least bit fussed.....the UK market is not worth them bothering about as the US market is so vast.

Hi Linda sent you an e-mail with a photo and details attached
Cheers
Thanks for your help
Ror

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back