Just fitted air assisters (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Bought some VB air assisters from E-Bay, sold as used but look brand new and only £156. My max bid was £156.65 so a nice surprise I won them. Fitted then tonight and been for a test drive and the diference is amazing. They came without a pressure gauge so neat job is to fit a 0 - 50 psi gauge.

Andy

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Well done Andy :thumb:

I must of missed those ones. What did you type in the search. I have been after some for ages. Thinking I might have to buy new ones, Marcle leisure do them at 275 + 60 for the gauges. Was fitting them as easy as they say?
Good to see you have noticed an improvement, makes me more determined to get some. Does it soften the ride at the back in terms of reducing rattles etc?

OP
OP
andyman
Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Hi Haganap I type in all sorts stuff into ebay, air bags, airbag, air suspension, etc. I have looked for the past few months and just was lucky. I'd like to say fitting was easy but, I broke my trolley jack halfway through and then getting the required height to remove the bump stop and fit the air bag was a nightmare. Fitting the first side took about 1/2 hour, remove the bump stop and then the air bag just slots in place. The top locates via a pin where the bumb stop was fitted and the bottom locates over the U bolts that fit the spring to the axle. A 10mm hole in the skirt for the valve and job done.

There are some on E-Bay at the monment for an alco chassis, ebay number 220275683804.

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
Hi Andy, a 0 - 50 pressure gauge may not be enough, I suppose it depends if you plan to carry anything heavy on the back like a scooter or motorbike. I carry a scooter when touring and pump the air rides up to about 60 which makes the van level when running and gives a nice firm ride. My fitted gauge reads in psi and Bar it reads 0 - 100 psi and 0 - 7 Bar.

When running unloaded I lower the pressure to around 40 psi, I find this gives the best ride.

Some trial and error is necessary to find the best settings for your particular vehicle and loading conditions.

Phil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back