Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Bungee' d an old pillow across the top of my ladder to protect the bodywork
and got up and cleaned the roof from both sides. Horrible job but I have to say the cheap "caravan cleaner" I got from Aldi just cut though the muck and grime and used neat wiped away black marks on the sides. great vlaue for money.......next time I see it I'll buy a couple.

barry

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I tried that Aldi caravan cleaner once but I wasn't impressed. Maybe I bought a bad bottle because I've seen other good reports of it.

Cleaned our van roof - and the rest of it and the car - today using Onedrywash as usual. One thing I like about that is that it leaves a shiny (waxy?) surface so gets easier to clean with regular use.

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
Bungee' d an old pillow across the top of my ladder to protect the bodywork
and got up and cleaned the roof from both sides. Horrible job but I have to say the cheap "caravan cleaner" I got from Aldi just cut though the muck and grime and used neat wiped away black marks on the sides. great vlaue for money.......next time I see it I'll buy a couple.

barry

Would you like to do mine?:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Ed spent part of the morning on top of our motorhome, he had a go a couple of times before but never got it really clean,
(While we were looking around Chester last week came across yet another shop sutting down) it was a marine shop and they had for sale sets of Muck of... one is Muck off Marine fast action boat cleaner its pink in a spray bottle.

Ed says it is the best and easiest cleaner he has ever used and the top of the van is now sparkling clean

Also in the set was Miracle Shine with Carnauba wax, again easy to apply and a brilliant result even the fibre glass bonnet. So for once it did do what it said on the tin.

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I tried that Aldi caravan cleaner once but I wasn't impressed. Maybe I bought a bad bottle because I've seen other good reports of it.

Cleaned our van roof - and the rest of it and the car - today using Onedrywash as usual. One thing I like about that is that it leaves a shiny (waxy?) surface so gets easier to clean with regular use.

Same here.. Even using it neat it was little better than plain water ! :Sad:

May 29, 2012
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Cheyenne 635se
Exp
since 2008
barry you can come and clean mine if you like i cant get up there will give you an orange for christmas if you do it :roflmto:mervyn

truffs

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 24, 2012
Durham (Lanchester)
Funster No
MH
CV20
Exp
since 2006
Cleaned mine today, done my back in now....
Whilst cleaning i noticed a few cracks in the shell anyone know how i can fix these.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back