Just bought a ford buccaneer

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by johno60, Dec 25, 2010.

1. johno60

johno60 Read Only Funster

Hi
    Just bought a Ford Buccaneer on a 51 plate and during the thaw i have discovered the roof leaks, anyone got any ideas what i could use to repair it? i am just getting into the motorhoming fun.

Also i plan on going to france in a couple months and down to paris which sat navs are best? as i've heard of a few issues with some.

thanks in advance

2. wasp

wasp Funster

Snap!!!!!! I am going to use Sikaflex on mine as soon as I can get on it mine has only just appeared so hopefully not too much damage, it is dripped in the bathroom corner not a lot tho. BTW which is yours I got a Buccaneer Clipper also on a 51 plate Oh yes welcome to the fun :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: Cheers Rob W

3. JJ

JJ Funster

Welcome to Fun... Happy Christmas...do you know where your roof is leaking?...

and TOMTOMS ROOL ok (no matter what anyone says to the contrary...:Rofl1:)

JJ

4. johno60

Hi Wasp
    thanks, mines a clipper as well. i thought i saw a little bit of damage but was not sure. mines dripping in the bathroom.

have you seen those swivel chairs you can fit i'm thinking of installing one in the new year.

5. wasp

wasp Funster

I`ve got a swivelling passenger seat bought from O`Learys, it gives you loads of extra room, the only pain is the seat belt is attached to it . Where abouts are you in the country I am in Mansfield.:BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin:

6. johno60

Well i suppose someone has to be from mansfield, i live in warsop well
    market warsop (said in a posh voice)

I may treat the wife and kid to disney land for our first trek out in in, can you park on site?

7. wasp

wasp Funster

Yes you can park in the car park it`s about 20 euros a night now there are showers there but no hook ups also you have to pay daily although you can get the daily ticket at the kiosk near Disney village, there is also a little supermarket in the railway station,if you buy an annual pass the parking is free. :Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

8. johno60

Dont think i can put up going there all the time lol. with a 6 month old its going to be fun as it is lol

where in mansfield are you? not any rough council estates?

9. wasp

wasp Funster

We are off Nottingham Road opposite Sainsburys We took our grandson in November it was freezing but he really enjoyed meeting the characters he was 5 months old . Where are you in warsop:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

10. wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad Read Only Funster

Reminds me of a joke.....

Where's me buccaneers?

On the side of yer buccin' head

11. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi John & welcome :thumb:
    If the roof is alloy then sikaflex will be good :thumb: but I think the roof is fiberglass/plastic ? if that's the case you are going to need caraseal or similar because sikaflex does not stick to plastics very good ( sticks at first but lets go after a while :Eek!: ) I would try a couple of local overnight trips to get used to your van before Disney :thumb:
    DID you know the van was leaking before you bought it ? private or dealer ? if dealer take it back and let them fix it :thumb:
    I hope it is just a simple fix like resealing a panel joint :Wink: but sometimes it can get very expensive to fix a leaking van.
    enjoy :thumb:
    terry