Free Member
Sep 8, 2009
Hereford
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
2 years ! Ex "Tugger" of 7 years + !!
Folks, read the write up on this e.bay Motorhome and ask yourself who the hell steal's what has been stolen !:Sad:

Looked a very nice M/H before the theft .....:cry:

Link Removed

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Perhaps its somone with an old Fiat van with the seats worn out.
But why would the insurance write it off for just that???

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
How sad

Indeed it looks a lovely motorhome unfortunately theft of motorhome parts is increasing.

What a shame some people cannot respect other people's property and go and buy the parts legitimately.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
You'd be surprised what some folk do. Friends of ours own boat hire companies down here on the Broads and a few years ago hired a craft out, nothing seemed amiss until it didnt get returned!! No they didnt take the hull they just stripped the interior of everything and I mean everything - even the engine.

Dale

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Maybe it's me, but this just doesn't add up ... why would an insurance company pay out £39,100 for a 2003 motorhome? Yes it's got a low mileage but IMV that payout is way over what it is/was actually worth when complete ... unless I'm well out of touch! At that age it is unlikely to have had a policy which paid out 'new for old' either ...

I wonder if there is more damage than is being indicated as the seller does mention 'accident' damage - maybe it's been repaired, maybe it's one of the ones that was flooded ... I've asked the seller some questions and will see what answers I get back.

daveyboy

Free Member
Mar 2, 2009
cambs
Funster No
MH
rv
Exp
Maybe it's me, but this just doesn't add up ... why would an insurance company pay out £39,100 for a 2003 motorhome? Yes it's got a low mileage but IMV that payout is way over what it is/was actually worth when complete ... unless I'm well out of touch! At that age it is unlikely to have had a policy which paid out 'new for old' either ...

I wonder if there is more damage than is being indicated as the seller does mention 'accident' damage - maybe it's been repaired, maybe it's one of the ones that was flooded ... I've asked the seller some questions and will see what answers I get back.

and theres me thinking it was a possible flood victim too.
cant see for the life of me why the insurance would write it off for what appears to be a few grands worth of parts at most.:whatthe:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
seems very odd the insurance would pay out £39,100 when a couple of thousand would replace all the stolen parts.

i always believed if the cost of repair was more than 60% of the market value it would be writen off for insurance purposes.

the only reasoning i can think is if it was stolen, paid out as a total loss, then recovered at a later date....make sense !

someones gonna get a bargain but it has got insurance history which will show up on any HPI checks making it harder to sell on later.

in answer to Minx question...it could have been stolen a few years ago and just recently recovered so a new for old might have applied then.

sundancekid

Free Member
Mar 15, 2010
shropshire
Funster No
Exp
Just
Just goes to show, if it's not nailed down, it'll go....if it is nailed down, it'll still go...just takes a bit longer!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Well, I've had a response. This was what I asked:

Can you tell me a bit more of the history please, such as why it was written off by the insurance company as just the missing items wouldn't appear to be enough for them to do so under normal circumstances. You make mention of 'accident damage' - has it been in an accident too and/or repaired?

This was the answer:

It has had NO accident damage and i am told that the owner refused to have it back as he did not feel it would be the same as when he bought it and would not be happy.

Make of that what you will ...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back