just back from our first rally at newark (1 Viewer)

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
just got back from our first rally at newark and didn't know what to expect, but we had a great time and met some really nice, friendly people, nice to put faces to names and meet people like andyman, a&k,pappajohn, pappa smurf, diablo, bugsy, forest boy, and many more so my apologies to the many more that are too numerous to mention, we will definatly be joining you all again at another meet and di picked the name long suffering wife although she said she was only joking and my daughter says her name is poor daughter.
a special thanks to mark from cls for servicing my van:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

thanks

paulus the woodgnome or as they say in dutch

paulusdeboskerbouter

A and K

Free Member
Sep 8, 2007
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since April 07'
Hi Paul,
It was nice to meet you too, especially another Nottinghamshire member :thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Nice to see you too Paul, hope the ariel worked ok and see you again soon.

Just want to add a big thankyou to all that attended. Nice meet and thanks for all the advice we received about Taz Tara, all very helpful. Never really got to much time to speak to too many as we were so busy chatting with old faces and new.
A special thanks to Blisters, Kay and Chelsea for the use of the generator to charge up this am, currently looking on ebay for a newone, and for the kite flying excercise. :ROFLMAO:

Great turnout and Jim promised wall to wall sunshine, but next time Jim do mention the rain breaks and the force 12 winds :winky: didn't want to leave to day as the weather was so bad. but hey ho, see you all soon. :thumb:

Another typicaly well organised fun meet.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I'm waiting to see the Hey Baby video. :ROFLMAO:
Had a really good time and it was nice to meet new and old friends. very well organised as usual - look forward to seeing you all at Peterborough.

Sonja

Hycon

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
N.E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
just starting
Nice to meet you Paul and it was our first rally with MHF and we also found everone friendly. Also thanks to the menmber who lent me his water container after I had run out of water when flusing the toilet.Enjoyed the Rally and hope to be attending in the future even if only so that I can wear the nerdy hat your daugher likes so much, that I bought at the Show. Sid & Denny.

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Thanks to all for a great weekend , it was lovely to meet up with everyone shame about the rain yestrday but it was great having the hall for our disco and raffel ,Hope to catch up again at Peterborough ,
Great meet Jim and co :thumb::thumb:

Ash & Lynn

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
We had a fantastic time with al the funsters as usual, once again a well organised and attended meet.
It was really nice to meet old friends and put faces to new, isn't if funny that the faces are nothing like you imagine them to be:ROFLMAO:

Once again many thanks to the organisers.

Dane & Hazel

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Had a great weekend if rather busy :ROFLMAO: Great to meet up with everyone again :Smile: See you all at Peterboro ::bigsmile:

Mark

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi all,

It was our first time at the Newark Spring fair Show, and it was nice to meet friends old and new. It also gave us the opportunity to catch up with friends on the "other side" :winky:, as well as some over at the ARV club
A shame about the weather on Friday and Saturday though.

Our thanks to Bryan & Suzy, and Jim & Sian and Family, for the organisation.

We too are looking forward to the "Hey-hey baby" video too..............................apparently! :whatthe::winky:

See you all at P/boro.

Jock & Rita.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi all,

Thanks to everyone for making it a great weekend, Sunday was a real blessing to have the sunshine.

It was great to meet old and new friends, we also cant wait to see the Hey Baby Video with Jock pogoing!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I want to know who gave me the stinking cold, I have woke up with this morning!!!!!

Our crack grew another 5 inches on the way home, but hasnt quite reached the other one yet.

Till we meet again, adios amigos!

Pat and Neilxx

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi all,

We also would like to thank everyone for a great weekend of fun at newark despite the bad weather saturday, which was more than made up for by the lovely day on sunday. As said it was nice to be able to put faces to names and to Graham (blisters) sorry that I am not a 21 year old blonde with an hourglass figure and big boobies, but you really should stop watching the beach ball channel lol, but a more mature or even old b..g lady hee hee.
Nice to see Bruno and John, hope youve mended shirls sewing machine John. See you all at Peterbro. :thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Nice to see all members old and new again.

Had a great time.

Glad I left the night before and till Monday morning something i would not have been allowed to do not not so long ago:winky::RollEyes:

Was also great to see my Bruno happy and even coping with a run with Jim's dog Rocky.

Thanks BTW Nigel & son (the sundowner) for helping me out:winky:

See you all at Peterborough.

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hope youve mended shirls sewing machine John. :thumb:

she did it herself......turns out to be an oily/greasy type fabric that throw small, black, oily fibres everywhere, including all over her face:ROFLMAO:, and clogged the works

nice to see you and mick again.:thumb:

S

Starman

Deleted User
Hiya guys

First off i have to put my hand up & say that i gatecrashed your do on saturday night with the help of my friend Paul, alias haganap. You lot sure know how to have a good time, so i will be on here a lot more from now on
mick

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hiya guys

First off i have to put my hand up & say that i gatecrashed your do on saturday night with the help of my friend Paul, alias haganap. You lot sure know how to have a good time, so i will be on here a lot more from now on
mick

You are more than welcome, glad you enjoyed yourself:thumb:

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hey Hey Baby ooh aaah

Had a ball as usual, met some more new and some old freinds.
Big thanks to Jim & co for another great meet.
Saturday night was the best night I've had since the last meet :roflmto: the usual suspects got up to no good again ( you know who you are ) and had security called on us and it was only 12.50 am....... just gettin started :winky:

When can we do it again ? :thumb:

Tony & Ruth

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Hi everyone,
We want to say thanks to everyone we met for a great weekend. It was fascinating to put a face to all the user names. everyone was so friendly and it was good to meet old friends and make new ones. Thanks to Brian, Jim and all who helped organise the weekend.
A huge thank you to Mark for the van service .
Hope Tara's paw is better soon, Paul. See you all next time.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Lucille

Big Brian 56

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Morley
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not long enough
newark

First time for us, be back for sure .

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hiya guys

mick

First time for us, be back for sure .

Im glad I converted you two. ::bigsmile:

Great to see you again, and really enjoyed Saturday night. Nikki is still recovering from the champagne:Blush:
We will have to meet up again real soon, so look at some of the other meets on here. Have a look at Peterborough? a good meet with a decent show and well worth the weekend.

haganap

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back