Lampoul Plourazel --- 4 euro
Briganon Plages -- Cote de Legendes C/site -- 17 euro
Tregier -- free -- no services
St Cast de Guildo -- free no services
St Andre des Eaux -- free + free services
Lehon aire -- free + Free services
Cerisy en Foret -- free + free services
Port en Bessin -- free

Small shower for 20 mins in Fougeres, no more rain until St Andre a little rain overnight, then a Whopping thunder storm again at night at Cerisy. Otherwise dry / fine & bright ,quite warm, In shorts most of the time.
Can't wait for next year !!!!

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Did they still have the sculptures at Cerisy en Foret? We were there a few years ago and thought they were great but not sure if permanent or not.

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Yes , they did fabulous, 112 of them.
Looked like they were permanent as they dated from 2011 to the present day.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You were lucky with weather, we have had some very heavy showers in southern Brittany.

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
None except for one weeks hire
First trip to France for us at Christmas is fast approaching......

Fidget.......I've read that some aires have EHU....can you remember how many of the ones listed in your post had it available please?

I could probably manage without it for one night but hoping that at least half of all aires have it.....if not, I need to check out some sites for alternative nights!!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp

Fidget.......I've read that some aires have EHU....can you remember how many of the ones listed in your post had it available please?

I could probably manage without it for one night but hoping that at least half of all aires have it.....if not, I need to check out some sites for alternative nights!!
EHU on aires is not like the EHU on campsites. Expect it to be time limited, say 30 minutes for €2, nowhere near where you are parked and all available of the limited number of socket to have already been taken!

We've been in France for two and a half weeks and used a few aires. The only one we've seen with EHU was today, where stopped by one to dump waste.

I think in winter you would need to either move every day or so or be prepared to run the engine - but in my experience a half flat pair of batteries will need at least four hours of running to be recharged. Less with a B2B charger I guess, but I don't have one.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
there used to be some near cap breton not brittany . that leccy was free.
some french used to almost live on the aire all winter. leads went from one van to another . it was amazing . one boiled a kettle then the next one etc .

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
As a break with tradition I have tried a bit of research and this is the CamperContact map of aires in Brittany with electricity, many more than I thought.
Screenshot_2015-09-18-21-10-43.png

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I

you might find that many of the service points are closed down over winter, no water and no electricity. You can generally empty waste though. We have managed 3 weeks in France in Jan, Feb with just one leisure battery and no external power, and survived to tell the tale.
Any service point in very cold weather will probably be frozen solid too. We have parked in Aires near to Maries and managed to get the water turned on after speaking nicely to the staff there.
We now have 3 large leisure batteries! 110 watt of solar power and always travel with a full water tank and at least 20 litres of bottled water.
We also carry a generator in winter, but haven't had to use it yet.

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Ja63, Can't remember any free electric, and those which I did look at were either 1 or 2 euro for short time as DBK said sometimes only 1 hour. ( and usual being hogged by the french moho's) We move on each day touring so top battery up that way. We don't use TV & keep lights etc to a minimum , charge razor ,phones, tablet & mifi etc.
Sorry I should have said in the start of this thread that it was free water not services.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We have a Solar panel and two batteries and we recharge everything when on the move, you can find EHU but as said prev usually you can't get near it for the French.
Either move every day and/or book into a site for one or two nights with EHU!

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Cheers for that heading that way Monday/Tuesday first stop Perros-Guirec
Will be staying at the marina for the night on board .:)

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
None except for one weeks hire
Hi Ja63, Can't remember any free electric.

I don't expect FREE electric ....just whether it is available at many aires. We're quite willing to pay ( over the odds if necessary!!)?

Deleted User
We appear to have swapped locations, last week we were on the IOW at Appuldurcombe, this week we are at our static van at St, Andre des Eaux! Heading south on Monday.

Whereabouts in St. Andre is an aire, I've never noticed a proper aire, plenty of spots to park up though.:)

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Matamoros,
It's next to a lake with a bar , room for about 30 , when we were there on sunday they had a saxaphone band playing all afternoon really pleasant stay .
1 D78
22630 Évran, France
48.380948, -1.998730

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
If anyone wants co-ordinates for any of the aires or any other info,just ask

Deleted User
Hi Matamoros,
It's next to a lake with a bar , room for about 30 , when we were there on sunday they had a saxaphone band playing all afternoon really pleasant stay .
1 D78
22630 Évran, France
48.380948, -1.998730

Well you learn something new every day, never knew there were 2 St. Andres des Eaux.

Ours is the one near La Baule-Escoublac, the site is actually in Escoublac but St. Andre is nearer.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back