Just acquired a '91' American Ford Coachman... Interior refurb advice welcome!!! (1 Viewer)

Dazzo

Free Member
Mar 28, 2017
France
Funster No
MH
USA ford coachman
Exp
Hi, we have recently acquired this by chance after dreams of owning a motorhome for years. It is a lot older than we ever planned on owning so I am seeking advice on where to start looking for pieces to start refurbing the interior. The upholstery isn't a problem as I can do that all, but the wood panelling, cupboard doors, worktops and oven are tragic... are there any tips on places to look other than ebay etc... for upgrades and ideas. I will be doing the work myself and don't want to spend a fortune! Advice welcome :D

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Dazzo

There will be lots of help and advice on here but to interact you will need to be a fully paid up "funsters" as you only get 5 posts for free.

:welcomesign: By the way.

Martin

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi and welcome to the fun house. :)

Have you got any photos so we can make more specific suggestions?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hi and :WelcomeFlag:to Fun.
There are quite a few people on here who refurbed and fitted out vans from scratch who'll have lots of tips. You may well have to upgrade electrics and/ or gas and water depending on condition of fittings so £15 subscription could save you a fortune!
Good luck with your project--- you'll have what you want at the end.

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_0855.GIF
One source of interior fittings is a scrap caravan. Perhaps one that has been accident damaged and written off but interior good.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if you were in the uk, there are a few suppliers of bankrupt stock parts.

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi :pink: sounds like quite a project, are you based in France or UK, just wondering as it will help with any advice for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

MrsMac59

Free Member
Mar 18, 2017
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New owner
Hi and welcome. We pick up a used van in a couple of weeks and I'd like to work round it area by area updating the upholstery and padded panels. I have had a bit of a forage through youtube, but notice you say you've experience in this. I look forward to seeing what you do with yours and picking your brains when I get stuck. I've a birthday coming up soon and my wish list already includes an upholstery hammer, tacks, heavy duty stapler/staples, 1/4" double sided tape and a hot glue gun - a bit of a change from the usual smellies and nice flowers!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back